All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fellow L&P, popit users, I refuse to give in, and yes I would love to attend a course tooo if not just to ask and see a LOW ODOUR MONOMOR being used and if it has, has it been sucessful? I have tried and tried to get this right, sometimes it goes on fine but not strong enough as a stand along product, i.e not over a tip. Any suggestions or should I be using the original Strong foul smelling monomour? Thanking you in advance as my reputation at stake!

I've been using low-odour monomer in Popits for years - it works fine! Plus, the Popit comes off without leaving a sticky layer, so in that way it's just like using regular monomer.

I find that you have to work dryer, and you have to let the acrylic set up a bit longer in the Popit. Watch for it to become a bit opaque, then put it on the finger.

PM me if you get stuck!

I would also like the information for Miami supplier for popits.

Help! :) I live in the US and cannot find CND popits:( I have played with them and am absolutely in love...does anyone have ideas on where online I could order a full box of them as I only have one of each size?

Help!! I live in the US and popits are not available here I ordered a set of 10 off eBay and have fallen in love with them, however I cannot find a online supplier to purchase a full box from, any ideas? Also just a thought popit toes? Is there such a thing thanks all :)

Check out nail nanna on youtube I'm sure she's in the states.Search for gel popits on youtube and I'm sure you will find it. But it might be worth contacting sweet squared to see if they could help x:wink2:I think they are refered to as nail forms in the states hth

Does anyone know where I can buy proper Poppits now? I have bought some The Edge Dual System nail forms but I am not sure if they are as good

Thanks

I am also posting in the Poppit Power Group

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can buy proper Poppits now? I have bought some The Edge Dual System nail forms but I am not sure if they are as good

Thanks

The Edge are a different shape and much more flimsy than the original PopIts.

i thought they were discontinued

Yes they seem flimsy and when I tried one the other day it seemed to stick to the product, I really had to yank it off. They dont "Pop" off, you have to peel them off

The Edge are a different shape and much more flimsy than the original PopIts.

So can you still get them then?

So can you still get them then?

To get the original PopIts you have to order them from the USA. I recommend you stick with the edge as the USA company ??? can't say any more about them.

Thanks, will persevere

Can I ask a question please ?
Why are they discontinued ? Not popular enough ? Difficulty working with them ?
Just curious.

Can I ask a question please ?
Why are they discontinued ? Not popular enough ? Difficulty working with them ?
Just curious.
Good question. Both really.
We were ahead of the times (as we often are).. Too many folks intimidated by them? Ego and fear that others would do better nails more simply than they could do by hand? Quite a few issues really.

There were issues with bubbles (easily overcome with training ) which was really not an issue.

PopIts were my baby. I could make them sing! Lol. Most couldn't without training. Usual thing .. No one wanted to do training! Lol. Their loss.

PopIts were never made to take over from hand-made nails. They were there to help us with time so we could compete with the discount salons on both price and time. Many just didn't 'get it'. Too bad. add that to a dishonest supplier In the States and we had to ditch. Shame as we at S2 branded the name PopIts and now the whole world calls them PopIts ! Lol.

Last edited:
We were ahead of the times (as we often are).. Too many folks intimidated by them? Ego and fear that others would do better nails more simply than they could do by hand? Quite a few issues really.

There were issues with bubbles (easily overcome with training ) which was really not an issue.

PopIts were my baby. I could make them sing! Lol. Most couldn't without training. Usual thing .. No one wanted to do training! Lol. Their loss.

PopIts were never made to take over from hand-made nails. They were there to help us with time so we could compete with the discount salons on both price and time. Many just didn't 'get it'. Too bad. add that to a dishonest supplier In the States and we had to ditch. Shame as we at S2 branded the name PopIts and now the whole world calls them PopIts ! Lol.

What a shame, I loved the idea and wish I could work with the original popIts

I love PopIts, my clients rave about my beautiful sets of nails made with PopIts, something I couldnt do with sculpting as I'm not a nail tech, Im a therapist offering a wide range of treatments (inc shellac) and therefore do not do enough to make myself amazing.

I brought loads when I realised they were being discontinued and am now running a little low, so on advice from another geek brought (toppits) they certainly don't look the same but Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyone know where or if I can get the original Popits, I would love them forever :biggrin: x

It's a shame about POPITS...i didn't even get a chance to use them and they seem amazing!! Maybe they'll bring them back one day..

Latest posts

Back