Allergic Reaction!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wandawump

Reaction score
Is it possible to be allergic to one brand of L&P but not another?

I'm worried i'm allergic to acrylic because my eyelids are swelling and itchy and i have a rash forming down my neck and my lips are starting to itch.
What are the usual reactions that people have?

i think you can get a rash from 1 bead of acrylic but i will say .....if its your neck,lips and eyelids that are itching....have you put acrylic on your fingers and touched your face?....are you sure your lips,neck and eyelids are not rashing and itching from something else...say....washing powder?....have your fingers come up with a rash?

Is it possible to be allergic to one brand of L&P but not another?
If you were to be allergic then it would be to one of the ingredients used in the monomer or powder as opposed to the brand itself.

I would take some antihistamine straight away and seek medical attention :hug:

If you were to be allergic then it would be to one of the ingredients used in the monomer or powder as opposed to the brand itself.

I would take some antihistamine straight away and seek medical attention :hug:

I would advise the same :hug:

People seldom just become allergic overnight .. allergy is most often a response to repeated overexposure to an ingredient and most often starts where there is contact between that ingredient and the skin. Usually the hands.

Do you repeatedly touch your face with unwashed hands that have come into contact with unreacted product??

Or with your nails that have just had fresh polish applied? My daughter used to suffer from red blotches on her throat from touching herself with hands that had had fresh polish applied ... it was the formaldehyde in the polish that was doing it. She used to repolish her nails every day! She stopped, and IT stopped.

This is the 3rd time it's happened, The 1st time was very mild and only on my eyelids, the next time is was a bit worse and now this 3rd time is the worst.
The 1st time i thought it was maybe the acrylic dust got in my eyes because i had used the e-file the night before without safety glasses (yes i know i'm an idiot) and the 2nd time it was the morning after i had done a refill so plenty of normal filing there with a fair bit of dust, I try not to touch my face when i'm working because i hate that dusty feeling on my skin. But this last time i had barely done any filing at all the night before.
Maybe it is my washing liquid, we changed brand a few weeks ago but i can't remember if it was before or after the 1st time it happened.
Gigi, i haven't put nail polish on me or anyone else for weeks, i have been doing mostly nail art using acrylic paints with a uv top coat instead of nail polish.

I might try changing back to my regular washing liquid and see if it is still happening, maybe its just a coincidence that it's happening after i'm filing.

This is the 3rd time it's happened, The 1st time was very mild and only on my eyelids, the next time is was a bit worse and now this 3rd time is the worst.
The 1st time i thought it was maybe the acrylic dust got in my eyes because i had used the e-file the night before without safety glasses (yes i know i'm an idiot) and the 2nd time it was the morning after i had done a refill so plenty of normal filing there with a fair bit of dust, I try not to touch my face when i'm working because i hate that dusty feeling on my skin. But this last time i had barely done any filing at all the night before.
Maybe it is my washing liquid, we changed brand a few weeks ago but i can't remember if it was before or after the 1st time it happened.
Gigi, i haven't put nail polish on me or anyone else for weeks, i have been doing mostly nail art using acrylic paints with a uv top coat instead of nail polish.

I might try changing back to my regular washing liquid and see if it is still happening, maybe its just a coincidence that it's happening after i'm filing.

It is a matter of trail and error and elimination. BTW UV top coats can be very reactive. Keep that in mind too.

My Moneys on the dust. if using an efile u need to make sure you have desk extraction fans to remove the dust, stop it settling, eye lids and creases in the skin hold dust, and reaction starts... moneys on the dust.

Latest posts

Back