Allergy / itchy hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

julieanne27uk

Reaction score
Hi there I'm new!!

I have done my manicure and nail extensions exams afew years ago and am currently doing the essential nails airbrush course. I took it on originally as a hobby because I really enjoy it but would like to expand further as a part time career. I currently work full time in an office which I also enjoy, so I'm abit torn between the two. Anyway enough babbling, I'll get to the point...!

I recently did a set of french acrylics on a lady, which went fine. However, the next day, my left hand started uncontrollably itching. I have a bad habit of leaving the tissue/towel I have wiped my brush on under my hand. I think that because I had my left hand resting on the table to support the clients hand, I transferred the acrylic liquid to my skin. the itching only lasted for a few days, but now I am worried that I may be allergic to acrylic. (I am also allergic to hair tint/colours). Does anyone else suffer with this problem? I will in future be very careful not to get it on my skin and to keep my tissues/towel for brush blotting off to one side. I intend to start wearing gloves but wondered if this may be restricting and get in the way while I'm working. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Julie :):|

Not quite sure if it is the liquid or powder. But I used to have alot of liquid on my towel until I read the nail geeks tutoral on perfect simle lines and he advised not to wipe your brush, I now dont do this (get great simle lines) and have half as much liquid on my towel, you should read it and see if it makes any differences.

Hi, i had this aswell, Geek advised wearing Nitrile gloves which are latex free and that's done the trick for me. Also (if i've forgotten my gloves) i make sure that when i wipe my brush off i don't let the monomer come in contact with my skin. Try it and see!!!

Thanks very much for the advice, I'll give gloves a try. Was a bit worried as I really love doing acrylic extensions and did not want to have to pack it all in because of my dodgy skin. I think I'll also try and be a bit more neat and tidy with my acrylic monomer!! Has anyone ever had any/similar allergy problems with gel? I've not had much experience with it and have just ordered a trial kit to try out.

whoops, dare I make a comment Mr Geek.

julieanne27uk said:
Thanks very much for the advice, I'll give gloves a try. Was a bit worried as I really love doing acrylic extensions and did not want to have to pack it all in because of my dodgy skin. I think I'll also try and be a bit more neat and tidy with my acrylic monomer!! Has anyone ever had any/similar allergy problems with gel? I've not had much experience with it and have just ordered a trial kit to try out.

Sorry, comment on what? Did I say something wrong?

julieanne27uk said:
Sorry, comment on what? Did I say something wrong?

Take no notice, you didnt say anything wrong at all, nonacrylic is trying to get the nail geeks attention, if you ignore him he will go back in his box.

I did a post on this and got some good advice look it up i think it was "poorly fingers" i am sure it will help...

Little Angel said:
Take no notice, you didnt say anything wrong at all, nonacrylic is trying to get the nail geeks attention, if you ignore him he will go back in his box -
THIS HAS TO BE THE FUNNIEST POST I HAVE READ SINCE THIS SITE OPENED - I AM CRYING...THANK YOU LITTLE ANGEL - YOU HAVE TRULY MADE ME PMSL AS LAYLA & RUTH WOULD SAY!!! :biggrin: :lol: :)

PMSL indeed!!!

This carry-on with this NAG dude is better than an episode of E.Enders!!

:lol: :lol:

Sorry, off track, continue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back