Alpha-hydroxy acid serum

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klara

Reaction score
I have a little problem with the alpha-hydroxy acid serum of Creative (sea serum). I must do something wrong but I don't know how to solve it. :cry:

After I soak and do the filing and cuticle work, I use a scrub , then rinse and then put sea serum. Leave it for 5 min and then without rinsing it, I file the calluses. Then I rinse.

I find difficult to file, and when finish, I feel that the heel is hard, like it has dried. I put the cucumber cream, and it makes things better, but clients complain that their heels feel hard after a day or two...
I stopped using it because I don't know what I do wrong...:confused:
Is my method correct? Should it be used only in severe cases of calluses?

I must admit that although I am an avid fan of Creative products I've never quite got to grips with the sea serum. I use Callus Peel on heels and balls of feet now and it is quite simply amazing. You can get it from Beauty Select.

I have a little problem with the alpha-hydroxy acid serum of Creative (sea serum). I must do something wrong but I don't know how to solve it. :cry:

After I soak and do the filing and cuticle work, I use a scrub , then rinse and then put sea serum. Leave it for 5 min and then without rinsing it, I file the calluses. Then I rinse.

I find difficult to file, and when finish, I feel that the heel is hard, like it has dried. I put the cucumber cream, and it makes things better, but clients complain that their heels feel hard after a day or two...
I stopped using it because I don't know what I do wrong...:confused:
Is my method correct? Should it be used only in severe cases of calluses?
If you use the Marine Masque (Spa Pedi) after you've used the Sea Serum it will help to moisturise.
Personally, I don't find much need to use the serum as the soaking and use of Sea Salt Glow and Sea Scrub helps with the hard/calloused skin on my pedi clients feet.

Are you using the Callus Smoother or something else?

I use the mask as extra service, since many prefer a simple and not a spa pedicure :irked:

I use the OPI file.
Do you think I should only use the sea serum in severe cases?

Thank you cala for the info. I may have a look of that product.

I would only use the sea serum only if need, for mild callus you can also us cuticle away x

I've never experienced this problem i apply a small amount of sea serum on a hands down ultra pad and pat it onto the area wait a few mins then use my pedi file/rasp to remove the hard skin. Its a breeze it comes off easily then I apply masque, soak off - sponging off then massage and cucumber and aloe.

Do you think you are using too much sea serum? If you are not using masque why do you do callous'? If someone wants a basic pedi I rasp dry/damp no sea serum if the want deluxe then they get masque AND full callous removal.

I haven't experienced the excess dryness problem with sea serum but I too am struggling to get worthwhile results with it and am really disappointed with it.

I apply with a cotton pad, wrap up foot and wait a few minutes but when I go to file - nothing seems to come off. It's not because the serum has removed the hard skin on it's own so there's nothing left to file either - the heel still looks like it needs hard skin to be removed.

I have taken to filing the foot b4 applying and then again after just to try and get some of the skin off which defeats the object really!

Any more advice would be great. :hug:

I've iven up with the sea serum too. I just use Cuticle Remover.

I've iven up with the sea serum too. I just use Cuticle Remover.

I actually did this to. But the sea serum does work. Make sure the clients feet have had a good soak first, then when you go to file the skin I apply a little more and this seems to really help. Alway remember the motto though - pedicurists smooth, podiatrists remove. So if they want it all gone they they should pay the extra and go to a podiatrist where they are qualified to use a blade. This is also a great opportunity to retail to clients, you've started the good work and now they need to moisturise to prevent hard skin.

It always amazes me how clients know that to get rid of dry skin on the face they must exfoliate and moisturise themselves - and yet on every other part of the body that does the hard work (ie hands and feet) they expect you to perform instant miracles and cut it off!!! Skin is skin and should be treated the same no matter what part of the body it is on - in fact hands and feet need MORE TLC!

Latest posts

Back