am i going to be fat forever?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kittenclaws

gona be slim geek
Reaction score
:cry: i have been to weight watchers tonight for my weigh in and i have put on 1lb, last week i had lost 3lb and the week before that i had gained 4lb, i am sticking to the diet btu i cant seem to get the weight off an keep it off, i realy need to shift 4st it is the weight i put on quitting smoking,
i have tryed slimming world in the past and didnt get on with it, i just feel so fat and frumpy:cry:

:cry: i have been to weight watchers tonight for my weigh in and i have put on 1lb, last week i had lost 3lb and the week before that i had gained 4lb, i am sticking to the diet btu i cant seem to get the weight off an keep it off, i realy need to shift 4st it is the weight i put on quitting smoking,
i have tryed slimming world in the past and didnt get on with it, i just feel so fat and frumpy:cry:
Sorry i cant help but i am glad i,m not the only one to have gained weight giving up smoking,... i have gain 1 1/2 stone and i just want to cry.. i weigh more now than i did when i was 9 mnths pregnant:cry::cry::cry:

Sorry i cant help but i am glad i,m not the only one to have gained weight giving up smoking,... i have gain 1 1/2 stone and i just want to cry.. i weigh more now than i did when i was 9 mnths pregnant:cry::cry::cry:

hun i really feel for you, i also weigh more than i did when i was pregnant, i feel lethargic ad spotty and fat, well done for quitting smoking, how long has it been?

If you put on 4,lost 3 and gained one then you lost 2lbs and thats not bad going. Try keep positive its awful if you slip into negativity cos then you slip into bad habits:hug:

god i know the feeling! i need to lose a whopping 7 stone!!

Are you going any exercise? are you eating the same foods day in day out cause that can slow the weight loss down. if its that bad maybe pop to the doctors and see if theres a medical problem...(sure there isnt though)

wishing you luck.....LUCK ! xxx:hug: :hug:

well i gave up smoking in june cos of my health... but as for the weight loss bbllllaaaaa i have just sat and eaten a hugh portion of shepards pie cos its my birthday and i,m aloud and also no one in the house was going to do anything else for me so i cooked it and ate it all to myself and there is just enough for a large snack tomorrow... (sounds sad but noone in the house eats it and its my fav. never get it cos its not worth making just for me) self self self self self......

stick with it guys it really will happen. I did weight watchers and lost 3 stone.

It's like when you first started doing nails and you thought you were really crap and that you would never be any good but now you look back on it in amazement.

It is hard and you will have good weeks and bad weeks but it will come off if you persevere. Don't forget the water - this helped me emmensly and as much excercise as you can manage even if it is just walking places instead of taking the car.

PM me if you need any support!

This is going to sound really bad but I have to say it.

I have always been overweight and nothing ever worked. One day I simply just realised it was nobody else but me putting food in my mouth. As hard as it was I just stopped eating like I used to and was basically hungry all the time.

I know, I know that eating healthly is the way to go but the only thing that worked for me was to eat very little, about 800 calories a day.

I belive that something has to click in your head for you to do it!

I now weigh 9 stone and was always 10 stone 7bls to 11 stone.

Not helpful but what I repeat to myself is....

Will I enjoy that take away/packet of biscuits or will I enjoy putting on my size 10 jeans more?

you are only right rach, i started back on my weight watchers on monday i don`t go to a class just do it my self but have thought its only me that puts the food in my mouth no-one else. i`m heavier now than i was at 9 months pregnant. one of the things i`ve stopped is drinking tea and coffee at clients houses instead i take slices of lemon and ask them to put one in a cup of boiled water that way they don`t feel offended when they offer you a drink :hug:

Hi Hun

I know just how you feel. For the past four weeks have put on a pound, stuck, lost the pound then last night I had put it on again. I really need to get my head in to gear before next week and put a bit of effort in to it. :lol:

well i gave up smoking in june cos of my health... but as for the weight loss bbllllaaaaa i have just sat and eaten a hugh portion of shepards pie cos its my birthday and i,m aloud and also no one in the house was going to do anything else for me so i cooked it and ate it all to myself and there is just enough for a large snack tomorrow... (sounds sad but noone in the house eats it and its my fav. never get it cos its not worth making just for me) self self self self self......

omg hun i didnt reolise it was your birthday happy birthday:hug:

Have you thought of Lighter Life.....I lost 7 1/2 stones at the start of this year and am keeping it off. Try www.lighterlife.co.uk
Sam X

I cant really advise on Weight Watchers hun as I have never done it. The reason being - everyone I have seen do these diets have lost weight, then 2 years later they are back there again, because they have put the weight back on but they remeber it worked last time - or did it?

Is the reason the weight nearly always goes back on that these diets are not sustainable and therefore have a short shelf life? I dont know, again I've never done one, but I feel it is a thought worth considering???

I think the trick to being healthy and in balance (and therefore eventually getting to a sensible weight) is to strive to eat really good quality, fresh, nutritious (sp?) food (ie no ready meals!).

Also, exercise is vital....even if it's just walking (try a pedometre - 10,000 steps per day is the recommended level)

Tons of luck - you can do it, just dont get caught up in any silly fads and be as healthy as you can.

HTH

Dont give up dont forget the winter nights are crawling in so we are looking for warm comfort food or a coffe and some choccy. Dont be so negative and just keep trying, I know you said you tried slimming world and did not like it, but i did it and thought it was great it is worth staying after the wiegh in as well because you can pick up so many tips, keep going and like the other geeks said try and do some exercise, good luck x x x

A healthy diet and exercise is a must I know everyone in an ideal world would be doing both but I think whatever diet you do you will always have your off days. But if you are balancing your diet with an increase in excerise those off days dont mean as much as the excerising is helping keep the pounds off.

thanks for the advice, i am going to realy sit and work out my plan for shifting this weight,:)

Is the reason the weight nearly always goes back on that these diets are not sustainable and therefore have a short shelf life?

I think the trick to being healthy and in balance (and therefore eventually getting to a sensible weight) is to strive to eat really good quality, fresh, nutritious (sp?) food (ie no ready meals!).

Also, exercise is vital....even if it's just walking (try a pedometre - 10,000 steps per day is the recommended level)

Tons of luck - you can do it, just dont get caught up in any silly fads and be as healthy as you can.

HTH

Weightwatchers is not a silly fad diet - basically you are encouraged to eat all food groups but keep the balance in proportion. All foods have a point value, and thmroe calories and saturated fat a food has the more points it os worth - so you eat your points allowance for the day and what type of food you eat depepnds on how much you get!!!

It is sustainable long term but the problem is you get cored with counting points and you get complacent so don't always count everything......

My mum lost 2 stone on WW and has kept it off for nearly 10 years now - she counts points during hte week and then eats/drinks what she likes at the weekends.....

Hope that makes it a bit clearer for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back