Am I just being paranoid?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady H

Reaction score
Hi guys

I really need some advice, I have put this in my journal as wasnt sure it was the right thing to start a thread but someone has kindly pointed out that the geeks are a helpful bunch, so here goes...

Im really confused about my marriage at the moment. I have been quite happily plodding along thinking things have been going great lately, we are looking forward to getting our new house and alls hunky dory. Mark said he wanted to take me out for a meal tonight which he doesnt suggest THAT often so I was pleased. Then out of the blue a couple of nights ago mark says he needs to talk to me, he says he thinks our relationship is in trouble. He says he feels like we are going to end up like sister and brother not man and wife if things go the way they are. He feels that I have no feelings for him anymore. All this has stemmed from my sex drive being low over the last couple of months (due to my depression and self esteem being rock bottom in my opinion). I dont think he has THAT much to complain about as (soz to go into detail) we still have sex once or twice a week so its not like i havent gone near him for months! The only exception is when I have my period. We have talked about this before as he has always had a higher sex drive than me, and it has been an issue before to be honest, but my issues are still being sorted and I have also explained before that I feel I cant go to cuddle or kiss him unless I want to initiate sex as he sees any attempt at showing my affection as being a prelude to sex. Then he gets peed off when I reject him and makes me feel like I should not have "got him excited" (not my fault it happens so easily) hence the reason I feel I cannot be affectionate all the time. Its a vicious circle isnt it? I am feeling more confident about myself now Im losing weight but I still have returning to work next week looming over me which is a big deal for me and I sometimes think he is such a w*nker for choosing the worst moments to start saying sh*t like this. He told me the other night he was considering going to stay at his mams for a few days to get his head straight but decided to speak to me about it instead. This really shocked me as we have never done anything like this in the whole 5 and a half years we have been together and it really hurt me.

Anyway last night he was watching the football with my brother and i was upstairs taking my make up off and stuff and his phone rang. People are always calling him so that was nowt, but later on he told me it was this girl from work who called (he never just tells me out of the blue who phones him, I sometimes will ask who he was on the phone to - not out of suspicion though, and he will usually say "that was so and so" if we are in the same room when the phone rings.) She is deputy manager of the team he is manager of so it didnt bother me that she rang him, lots of people from work call him, its normal, but he said she called him to talk as she is having issues with her husband, but then she said she didnt want to bother him at home and left it at that. He said he text her but she hasnt replied so far. He said he wasnt bothered because he has enough probs of his own without other peoples, but I cant help thinking something about this is bothering me. I said, why would she call her manager to talk about her marriage? He said they often go for walks on their lunch and she has spoke about it a few times, and thats why she called him. Im worried that he has feelings for her and thats why he is saying we have problems, to make him feel less guilty. Or have we really got problems and me being oblivious and having a low sex drive is pushing them together??? Or am I just being paranoid for nothing?

Thanks to those of you who have spoke to me about it x x x x x

already spoke to you about this hun but i'm here if you need me!

yep me too! x x

jules x

i know guys and thank you. I guess I am just finding it hard to get my head straight as this is potentially my worst nightmare right now.

good luck for tonite helen it will be okay hun x x x

jules x

Hi Helen
I am not sure that anything people tells you is going to help I think you need to sit down and talk with your husband its the only way you will get everything out in the open. I have had a self esteem problem for a long time and have a bad habit of blocking everyone around that isn't the way to solve things so don't let things bottle up and good luck I will be thinking of you :hug:

Helen
I am sure if he was prepared to talk about it rather than take the easy option of going to his Mums for a few days there is every chance that all this will blow over.
Ask for some help with things so you are not so tired and things don't mount up.
I hope things start to look up for you.

Love

well im hoping tonight we can sort thngs and then we are off together tomorrow although we have things to do. But I just wonder wether Im driving him away or am I too quick to blame myself for everything?

If you've been together for all this time you must be in love. This does not just STOP. You will work this out if you both work at it together which it sounds like you are going to do. Enjoy yourselves and make it work.

Love

harvey said:
well im hoping tonight we can sort thngs and then we are off together tomorrow although we have things to do. But I just wonder wether Im driving him away or am I too quick to blame myself for everything?

Don't grind yourself down Helen you arnt to blame there are 2 of you in this marriage think positive and say to yourself we can get through this.

Enjoy your night just take it one step at a time:Love:

Good luck for tonight Helen, I was in the same situation before Christmas but you WILL get it sorted and dont get yourself down. :hug: xxx

harvey said:

OKay hun in asnwer to this question ... it takes two to tango!!! You are too quick to blame yourself and he is being an insensitive a**ehole!

actually your original post frightened me! I could have written the exact same one about 12 years ago. All that crap about him feeling rejected etc ... what a load of old ********!! I listened to the same lines for years. Well he should have tried bringing up two youngsters whilst he swanned away on exercise (army) EVERY school holiday etc. I was so knackered and had no libido whatsoever. And why is that you have a whole body but men have to hone in on your erogonous zones???? I mean what IS IT with men??? Is there a special school to teach them how to behave like over sexed bar stewards???

Anyway before I rant anymore and stir up old memories that try to haunt me, all I can advise is this. Only you know whether your marriage is worth saving. Just make sure you stay strong and don't let him rock your self confidence, I ended up with none and it has taken all this time for me to regain it. Sorry I am going to have to stop otherwise I will rant on forever, because I have so been in your shoes and it's so awful. I feel for you hun, and as always Helen you know I'm just a pm away.

Sod him, you'll have a fab time at Excel!!!!!!!

Helen I wish I had some advice for you that would help to sort things out,
all I can say is we are all here for you and I hope it's all resolved and back to normal soon, big :hug: for you xxxxx

chuck I wish I was going to excel now but I aint. I really do want to sort things out. I feel a bit torn though because I know I dont want to lose him as I love him, but also I think, are we going to continue going over the same **** for the rest of our days? He always brings up this one thing, 3 years ago when we were having problems and I confided in a guy at work as I was desperate to talk to someone, and yeah I guess it was nice to have some sympathy and male attention but nothing happened, he always says when he drops these bombshells "I felt we should talk about it rather than anything happening like it did before" and starts laying the guilt trips on me.

I am sure all will be fine good luck tonight thinking of you.

I have been where you are now and it is not nice but do not let him make you feel guilty when he says he feels rejected heard this many times with my X and when I look back now I had no reason to feel guilty like you do not have to.

Have a nice meal tonight hope it turns out all good.

Caz xxx

thank you all, I know this might sound daft but it feels less scary knowing I have people like you lot to talk to x x x

good luck for tonite hun , hope you get things sorted , xxx

I dont really know what to say to you but if I was you I would try and not get on a downer too much. I know this may seem easier said than done but I would just try and keep thinking to myself that until I knew any better I could be reading to much into this situation. You have already said you have been down and depressed and believe me I know what that is like. It can totally make things seem really bad and desparate when really they are not. Try and chin up I know this is hard but what you also have to remember that men are crap with timing and are usually insensitive with these things coz they automatically think that your world should revolve around them.

Im sorry if I have butted in on this thread as I dont know you or anything but I really cant stand it when people feel like you do right now, it makes me sad so I hope you dont mind.

of course i dont mind. anyones advice or comments are welcome no matter who they are x x x

Hi i went through a similar problem with my husband about 5 yrs ago except he didn't go to his mums he left me and got a flat, i let him get on with it and played hard to get. i told him i didn't want to see him till he had sorted his head out. He didn't like this and didn't like me carrying on with my life and after 2 months we had a night out sat and talked about everything and we are now celebrating our 10 yrs anniversary in April so i would say let him go 2 his mums even though it will be really hard don't be at his beck and call and i hope everything works out ok take care joanne x

Latest posts

Back