Am I obliged to remove these extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GetGlam

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice on a rather challenging client.
I had a removal booked for a client which she cancelled within 12 hours as she didn't want to pay for the removal. She said she'd found a friend to do it for free. Although I was quite annoyed at this I offered to reschedule her appointment. She is now asking me how to remove her own hair & wanting to order new hair for me to fit. I am literally the only extensionist here and have no available appointments for the next 2 weeks.
So my question is do I or should I remove it for free?

There's no guarantee she's going to buy new hair and have it fitted with you, charge the normal price for removal on the next available day you have

Don't do it for free! Explain that she could seriously damage her hair by getting an untrained friend to do it.
I don't know your policy but I won't fit hair that I haven't provided. I won't have people walking round with rubbish hair saying its my work x

Nope here too...your time is money.

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

She's literally wanting to come and give me the cash to buy her new hair! I've said that I'm leaving soon and I'd rather not fit any more hair knowing there is no one to remove it. I really don't have time for all the messing about.
Do any of you offer free removal with a refit?

No I make them pay for removal, a friend of mine took her sisters out herself the other day (non hairdresser) it took them 7 hours

If she wants to give u the cash to order her new hair that's ok isn't it? As long as she realises she's gotta wait till ur free to fit it

I just feel awful not removing it for free as there is no one else to do it here. On the other hand I get several calls/ messages a day, when I take time out to see her & book all the removals, refits, colour etc, she cancels at the last minute... It has left me out of pocket with empty appointments & childcare to pay for... I think I just answered my own question!

Defo lol

Would u give me a free blowdry if u cut my hair the other day?

Thank you ladies, you've given me the vote of confidence I needed x

Latest posts

Back