Am I obliged to take these extensions out for free

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearly_whites

Reaction score
Hi last Thursday One of my extensionists fitted a full head of nano rings for a client the rings were fitted perfectly not too close to scalp good sectioning etc, client rang salon on Wednesday night said her head was red and sore and itchy, extensionist advised sometimes take while for head to get used to extensions and to call in the following day to so she could look at them, client replied saying she wanted them out, advised the the removal charge is £50, she rang back to say her sister was going to remove them, advised her that damage could be caused and we wouldn't be held responsible for any damage to her hair caused by bad removal etc. she proceeded to call our salon on Facebook then rang back today saying she had been to citizens advice and they had told her we should have removed for free due to an allergic reaction but only got allergic reaction confirmed by doctor after her sister had removed them, now she's saying she's going to trading standards I've asked her what she wants and where is she going with this an her only reply for me is advice?? Would you have removed for free ?? Or offered to remove for free before looking at it?? And any ideas what trading standards will say ?? Never had any problems with extensions before and our removal price is clearly stated. Thanks

I would only remove for free if I had seen them and her scalp did look sore and they were tight.
If she's removed them against advice and by a non qualified person I don't think she has a leg to stand on. You had a right to rectify any problems which she didn't take you up on.

I would of asked her to come in to asses them, for you to see if they needed taking out, you did not know it was a reaction, but someone else has now in done your work, so I dint think she has any where to go with this, I might be wrong though x

I have removed once for free when a client genuinely had a sore head. Having said that we refitted them 2 weeks later I made them a tiny bit lower than normal and avoided the area that flared up and she's now had them in a couple months and everything is ok. I wouldn't commit to anything with out accessing the fitting again and clients head. X

Latest posts

Back