Am I wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunaberry

Reaction score
Ok I'm questioning myself here.
A friend who I met when we did our nail training asked me to like her facebook page today. She does nails in a hair salon and is doing really well.
I was quite shocked when I saw her pictures. The main ones were before and afters for nail extensions and what she calls shella (she told me it isn't shellac).
The before nails are really unhealthy with white areas halfway down the nails where the nails have lifted. In one of them there are even yellow bits under the nails.
Now I would have told these ladies that their nails weren't healthy enough for enhancements/gel polish and looked at treating the nails instead.
Am I wrong?
I really looked up to this girl on the course so this has thrown me a little bit.
Thanks in advance x

Without seeng the nails myself I can't really comment too much, but the mere fact that she isn't providing a bonifide Shellac treatment, but playing on the word calling it "Shella" should tell you all you need to know. Trust your instincts and knowledge as a nail tech and service your clientele to the best standard you can provide. xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back