Anasthetic, will this cause nail loss?

sarahpoppy24

Hi geeks, I did a search but nothing came up, my client had l and p nails and I removed them for her becuase she was having surgery and couldnt have them on in hospital. A few days after she came out of hospital (she had plastic surgery so was not ill, is young and in good health) I did her nails again with in two weeks five had come off the whole nail and she hadnt picked her nails were in nice condition as she oils etc. I was wondering if the anasthetic and drugs from after the surgery could have caused this. I am so annoyed with myself for this happening...grrr it doesnt happen often but when something like this happens I get angry with myself untill it is resolved. If there has been tell tale client damage then I would know it was her picking but it wasnt as the nails were realy nice, just bare! Help xxxxxxxx

Bev Rose

Hi,

I know some strong prescribed drugs can have this affect with some people. I cannot remember what they are though. Probably painkillers.

I have a client who wears L&P with no prblems at all, then she has a fall, hurts her back & spent sometime on strong painkillers - her overlays started lifting and she kept losing them.

After she finished taking them, which was for a few months, her nails were back to normal with no problems.

Therefore, it could be she might be on painkillers which could be causing this?

sarahpoppy24

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes she would have been on strong painkillers also as she had a breast enlargment. I redid them today and she is no longer taking anything and is fighting fit, hopefully the drugs will have cleared her system and the nails will be back to normal.:biggrin:xxx

FrenchQueen

I have found that the general anesthetic causes my nails to lift right off within 2 or 3 days. I've had surgery 6 times in the last 5 years and each time this happened to me although after 2 weeks or so I was back to normal and not having any lift. Although I have had several clients that have also had surgery and only one had lifting after. So Everyone is different.

sarahpoppy24

Thanks so much, the fact that they just came off like that had realy got to me, I felt terrible about it. I have not heard anything from her since so i am assuming now the nails are fine. Feewww, was worried thanks guys what would I do with out you all xxxxx