another baby!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes we make choices when we should not really be allowed to.
I made the decision to be sterilised 4 yrs ago, but at the time I was in the thick of post natal depression and seasonal affective disorder.
My counseling consisted of a junior doctor asking me was I sure as it was a permanent procedure. I was medicated to the eyeballs (and it wasn't working that well either) and not in a position to make this decision. My hubby wanted another child but didn't want to make me go through all this again.
Tomorrow I'm having a reversal operation in London. We are paying privately but had to be referred through our GP, who also very helpfully tried to find us a good surgeon.
My point is the counseling service provide by the NHS is not that thorough, it's often done very quickly by doctors who are not fully aware of everything. Try not to judge people who make ill informed decisions. After all, we all make mistakes, that's why they put rubbers on the end of pencils.

Sometimes we make choices when we should not really be allowed to.
I made the decision to be sterilised 4 yrs ago, but at the time I was in the thick of post natal depression and seasonal affective disorder.
My counseling consisted of a junior doctor asking me was I sure as it was a permanent procedure. I was medicated to the eyeballs (and it wasn't working that well either) and not in a position to make this decision. My hubby wanted another child but didn't want to make me go through all this again.
Tomorrow I'm having a reversal operation in London. We are paying privately but had to be referred through our GP, who also very helpfully tried to find us a good surgeon.
My point is the counseling service provide by the NHS is not that thorough, it's often done very quickly by doctors who are not fully aware of everything. Try not to judge people who make ill informed decisions. After all, we all make mistakes, that's why they put rubbers on the end of pencils.
There are two things we should give our children.....one is roots......the other is wings..... i love the saying im gonna start feeding mine red bull now ...lol ... oh im so pleased for you i cant wait till my hubby has his bits done im so excited .... i know the doc wasnt that good when i look back on all wot was going on he didnt even question it .... .. please keep me informed on how you are doing ... i wish you so much luck xxxx

After all, we all make mistakes, that's why they put rubbers on the end of pencils.

Odette - that is a fantastic and very true statement. Think I am going to pinch that one.

I am one here that can see both sides. Not being able to have children of my own makes you see things a little different than those that can with decisions like this. But we do live in a free world and the decision is yours and what everybody else thinks doesnt matter.

In the same respect that you are havng to pay private to reverse your decision I have to pay private to be able to have children!

Odette - that is a fantastic and very true statement. Think I am going to pinch that one.

I am one here that can see both sides. Not being able to have children of my own makes you see things a little different than those that can with decisions like this. But we do live in a free world and the decision is yours and what everybody else thinks doesnt matter.

In the same respect that you are havng to pay private to reverse your decision I have to pay private to be able to have children!
see now i thinkits wrong that u have to pay !!!! yah i agree that i have to pay after all we had the choice n we made the wrong 1 thats down to us .... being young n now we will be paying the price for it ... i hope you have some luck xxxx

Latest posts

Back