another baby!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugerpuffm

Reaction score
im a mummy of 3 and me n my hubby r looking into him having the reversal done so we can have another few babys to add to our zoo .... but dam y is it so costly.... it was free all them years ago when he had the chop done ..... who makes up the prices on this sort of thing its just so wrong... :cry: xx emily xx

Reversals are expensive for two reasons:

1) To prevent people having a vasectomy and then change their minds, they want people to be absolutely sure that having the op is what they want as the cost of a reversal is quite a deterrent usually.

2) The actual reversal operation is a lot more complicated than the original vasectomy and the success rate is quite low. By having a reversal done, places an "unnecessary burden" on the NHS for non critical operations

Marlise

Reversals are expensive for two reasons:

1) To prevent people having a vasectomy and then change their minds, they want people to be absolutely sure that having the op is what they want as the cost of a reversal is quite a deterrent usually.

2) The actual reversal operation is a lot more complicated than the original vasectomy and the success rate is quite low. By having a reversal done, places an "unnecessary burden" on the NHS for non critical operations

Marlise
very true..... but that dont make me feel any better ..grrr lol he is booking in for it but i was just so shocked at the cost i could have fallen off my chair ... lol xxx emily xx

My ex husband had one done (and I bet he didn't pay) and his gf was pregnant within 6 months...I think it depends on how soon they have the reversal done after the original op too.

My ex husband had one done (and I bet he didn't pay) and his gf was pregnant within 6 months...I think it depends on how soon they have the reversal done after the original op too.
I Think we stand a good chance with hubby being healthy n all that he had chop done 7 years ago and we was both young when he had it done but with the stress of other stuff i dont think we thought things through at all so we just got to pay the price now ... xx emily xx

Why should the NHS pay for you to be sterilised / reversed? I'm sure they went over everything with you before hubby went in for op? Even if they didn't (which they do) then did you both not sit and talk this major life changing event over in depth?

Why should the NHS pay for you to be sterilised / reversed? I'm sure they went over everything with you before hubby went in for op? Even if they didn't (which they do) then did you both not sit and talk this major life changing event over in depth?
not once have i said i wanted the nhs to pay for it .... MY point was how expensive it was n how shocked i was!!! and as for going over every thing no they didnt it was straight fwd really and he was only 21 when he had it done. dont tell me that you have never done or made a choice that you have looked back on and wished you hadnt made the choice you did !

not once have i said i wanted the nhs to pay for it .... MY point was how expensive it was n how shocked i was!!! and as for going over every thing no they didnt it was straight fwd really and he was only 21 when he had it done. dont tell me that you have never done or made a choice that you have looked back on and wished you hadnt made the choice you did !

I think ALL of us have done things in the past that we really, really wish we hadn't, lol!

They should provide some form of counselling before doing an op like that, especially when the person is so young. 21! That's not really the age to be making such a serious decision. I have heard of people being refused sterilisation because of their age.

Good luck with it anyway. Yes it may be expensive, but just think of the up side, you'll have another lovely little baby at the end of it.

don't do it argghhhhh :lol::lol::lol:

I have 5 children ... I should have stopped at 2!!!

I agree you should have to pay for a reversal...as for how much who's to say. I guess we all can have regrets later...and you are going to pay the price for it.....

but i wish you all the best and that you get a positive outcome xxxx :)

I think ALL of us have done things in the past that we really, really wish we hadn't, lol!

They should provide some form of counselling before doing an op like that, especially when the person is so young. 21! That's not really the age to be making such a serious decision. I have heard of people being refused sterilisation because of their age.

Good luck with it anyway. Yes it may be expensive, but just think of the up side, you'll have another lovely little baby at the end of it.
I know a friend of mine her hubby had been n had the chop but they made them go speak to someone for 2 months b4 having it done n when i look back at how easy it was for my hubby it all seems a bit mad... he see the doc n within 2 weeks had it done no chats b4 hand or anything!!!! Yah i am 100% sure it will be worth every penny, its just that waiting game im not looking fwd too ...lol xxx emily xx

Hi hun, judging by the price of other ops I would say have a look at having it done abroad, for example, a gastric by pass in England is twice the cost as it is in Belgium and I know from experience that the docs in Belgium and France are first rate.
Good luck hun, I really hope it all works out for you two.:hug:

Hi hun, judging by the price of other ops I would say have a look at having it done abroad, for example, a gastric by pass in England is twice the cost as it is in Belgium and I know from experience that the docs in Belgium and France are first rate.
Good luck hun, I really hope it all works out for you two.:hug:
yah i will do .... we have got to see the doc soon and get our letter done .. we been talking to a doc from bupa he seems dead fair too but i will take a look at places away too .. xxx cheers xx

I am guessing you didn't go right ahead to a private clinic and book it then. So you must of gone to the NHS first? Suggesting you expected the NHS to pay for it. I suppose the base the cost on: Use of an operating theatre and qualified surgeon. Surgical / medical staff. Medical equipment. I'm guessing this doesn't come very cheap - someone has to pay.

You say you had no councilling for the originall op? Do they send you to councilling before the reversal?

And YES - I have made many many choices of which I have wished I hadn't made - of course I have .... when I DID have my sterilisation done, I not only made sure myself that they would council me - I went through every possible scenario in my mind that would make me possibly change my mind in the future. When I could say that NOTHING would change my mind, I went ahead. Still at this time, I don't regret it at all and I would expect not only to pay in the future for a reversal but I would expect it to be a hell of a lot of money too!

Yes we have gone to private clinic but you need a letter from your own gp to take along with you !!! and being only 19 when my hubby had it done i was only young my self and at that point of my life and all ready having 2 boys and a daughter on the way we thought at that time it was wot we wanted!!! but things change... the cost isnt a problem i just couldnt belive how much i was!!! Its nice that you made such a chioce with no wrong thoughts!! but it just goes to show you that we r not all as wise as some people in making life choices!

don't do it argghhhhh :lol::lol::lol:

I have 5 children ... I should have stopped at 2!!!

I agree you should have to pay for a reversal...as for how much who's to say. I guess we all can have regrets later...and you are going to pay the price for it.....

but i wish you all the best and that you get a positive outcome xxxx :)
fingers crosed ill be the next ma larking ..lol xxx

Yes we have gone to private clinic but you need a letter from your own gp to take along with you !!! and being only 19 when my hubby had it done i was only young my self and at that point of my life and all ready having 2 boys and a daughter on the way we thought at that time it was wot we wanted!!! but things change... the cost isnt a problem i just couldnt belive how much i was!!! Its nice that you made such a chioce with no wrong thoughts!! but it just goes to show you that we r not all as wise as some people in making life choices!
You were very young to be making a huge decision like that,Im surprised any doctor would do it,but guess they thought you were 100%which obviously you were at the time.

We all make mistakes,especially at that age,you were both practically kids at the time for goodness sake.

Anyway,remember that reversals aren't always successful,I know several people who couldn't get pregnant,dont want to put a damper on things for you but if your shelling out such a lot of money for the reversal then you dont get pregnant do you think you could cope...mentally??If you do get pregnant then fantastic but these ops are made to be permanant that's why they explain thoroughly and you have to sign that you both understand the consequences of the operation.

My hubby had one years ago,and we were both 100% sure,we were older than you though,so it was different.Good luck though hun:hug:

fingers crosed ill be the next ma larking ..lol xxx

I have been called many things but never Ma Larkin.... but I like it :lol::lol::lol:

I'll keep my fingers crossed...and at the same time thinking...what the heck are you letting yourself in for .. lol

Love my lot... but they are sending me to an early grave...:Scared:

I am waiting for grandchildren ( might not be that far in the future...my eldest is 20 ) I want to be a young Grandma ( I'm 37 ) then I can enjoy the benefits of handing them back.

Gonna cross my toes too...:green:

xxx

yah most def when i look back on it all now i know just how young we both was, and as we had our 1st son when i was 16.. we should never have made that choice but hay we did ... part of it was the fact that we lost my mum in law the week i give birth to my 2nd son when i was 18 n i think it was a case of getting over that n all them mixed feelings n being so young too but im lucky my daughter snuck in there when she did or we wouldnt have her too ... i know the chances r it might not happen but if he has it done and it dont work we have only lost the money that we more than likely would have wasted on crap over a few months... as we r lucky enough to have the 3 we have got ... xx emily xx

HIYA
just wanted to reassure you that I have made loads of choices in my life that I have either changed or I wish I could change now!!
Life is never ever clean cut and I think that things are changing all the time that give you different views about things.
I for instance have a partner who was sterilised during his first marriage. He has 2 children that he sees very regularly and pays for and I have 1 child.
I would love another child and resent his choice, and would love him to have a reversal. He however does not want another child and I have to respect that.

Good luck with everything. Do whats right for you, its your life xx:hug:

its so hard to make some choics and u couldnt be more right life most def aint clean cut ...lol .. i mean we have been a team since i was 15 n he was 17 and have stuck by eachother through some real tuff times but to still be here 12 years on with 3 children n now wanting more i think thats a goal on its own so if it dont work i cant be to down hearted really but like i said its def the waiting that will drive me nutty lol and the fact that after looking into it it makes u realise how stupid u can be when your young ...lol xxx emily xx

Latest posts

Back