Another broken CND lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natalie.nails

Reaction score
So annoyed right now :/
Im on my 3rd CND shellac lamp since the last fiasco of faulty lamps and guess what....its gone again :(
Same as before just two of the bulbs gone on one side. I thought the new lamps were from a new batch, but clearly not!!
Anyone else experienced the same since the supposed 'new batch' was sent out??

I had the exact same thing happen . One side of my lamp completely stopped working . So frustrating .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

This has recently just happened to me left side stopped workin hope it's from a new batch x

My lamp still sounds awful when you first turn it on. sent it to them paid £12 postage they sent it back saying nothing wrong with it and im not getting my postage cost back not happy. Be so glad when shellac can be led cured so I can get the gelish 18g again so loved that lamp x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Two bulbs went on one side on mine, but it's not new. My friends hubby who is a sparky took the back off and a resistor had burnt out, he changed it for me so maybe worth taking a look at that before blaming the bulbs?

My lamp still sounds awful when you first turn it on. sent it to them paid £12 postage they sent it back saying nothing wrong with it and im not getting my postage cost back not happy. Be so glad when shellac can be led cured so I can get the gelish 18g again so loved that lamp x

Don't get your hopes up as I'm sure CND will say that only their lamps can fully cure shellac as it was adapted specifically for their new led lamp. Otherwise you could risk under-curing. It's the same with the uv lamps right now. There are quite a few good ones on the market but cnd has stated that only their lamp fully cures shellac, so its their lamp you buy :/

Mine still sounds strange almost like is struggling to start? Or about to conk out? Is that the same as yours? Xx

Mine sounds exactly like that and it's a new one I have just received as the other one was a faulty one :( x

I'll call next week see what they suggest xx

My oldest lamp some times does that...I think someone said its dust in the fan and can be sorted by vacuuming it out ;) I just took out the bottom tray and gave a good blow into the lamp, gave it a good clean and it was fine.

My oldest lamp some times does that...I think someone said its dust in the fan and can be sorted by vacuuming it out ;) I just took out the bottom tray and gave a good blow into the lamp, gave it a good clean and it was fine.

Fab I'll give that a go :) x

Mine still sounds strange almost like is struggling to start? Or about to conk out? Is that the same as yours? Xx

Yes that's exactly what mine sounds like, it's almost like the fan struggles to start up then its ok :(

Mine does that too, but only first thing on the morning. After 2 mins it's ok for rest of day.
I thought that it might be the cold mornings 😩

Well I'm unhappy to report that my 5th lamp has died again today.

Same old fault and popping noise and the left hand side of the bulbs die.

To say I'm p*ssed off is an understatement.

I will NEVER buy another CND lamp again, especially when they have had issues with them since 2011 which was when my first lamp was replaced.

Simply not good enough CND AND SWEET SQUARED! Lost revenue, time and stress in having to drive 50 miles up the motorway to swap lamps in the past, cancel customers or have appointments run over as it's taking me 6 minutes per hand to cure one coat.

All this warranty business is a disgrace, there are manufacturer faults on the lamps which has been confirmed by CND/Sweet Squared, nobody should have to part with the cost of the lamp and play a guessing game on whether it will last or not!

I was given a lamp free of charge as a goodwill gesture for all the issues I had experienced, it's still within its warranty period as it was delivered in September 2013 yet they are refusing to replace as they say it was a good will gesture on an out of date warranty. Yes, the original lamp was purchased in 2010 but it has had the same fault and been REPLACED 3 times from 2011 to 2014 not forgetting that I purchased a SECOND lamp as a back up in 2013 to then have that also fail to work!

This should NOT be about warranty periods, this should be about whether or not a confirmed manufacturing fault has been rectified and it hasn't.

I am bitterly, bitterly disappointed and have totally lost faith in a company that I have invested heavily in over the years. Time to move on to pastures new, not that I expect CND or S2 to actually give a stuff.

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Last edited:
Well I'm unhappy to report that my 5th lamp has died again today.

Same old fault and popping noise and the left hand side of the bulbs die.

To say I'm p*ssed off is an understatement.

I will NEVER buy another CND lamp again, especially when they have had issues with them since 2011 which was when my first lamp was replaced.

Simply not good enough CND! Lost revenue, time and stress in having to drive 50 miles up the motorway to swap lamps in the past, cancel customers or have appointments run over as it's taking me 6 minutes per hand to cure one coat.

All this warranty business is a disgrace, there are manufacturer faults on the lamps which has been confirmed by CND/Sweet Squared, nobody should have to part with the cost of the lamp and play a guessing game on whether it will last or not!

I was given a lamp free of charge as a goodwill gesture for all the issues I had experienced, it's still within its warranty period as it was delivered in September 2013 yet they are refusing to replace as they say it was a good will gesture on an out of date warranty. Yet the unit still has the same fault. This should NOT be about warranty periods, this should be about whether or not a confirmed manufacturing fault has been rectified and it hasn't.

I am bitterly, bitterly disappointed.

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Oh no this is not good at all!! I'm on my third which I got a couple of weeks ago and it will run out in October! I don't think I'll be using it enough to put it to the real test so I'm worried it's going to go after the warranty has run out.
I was going to call them see if they can do what ellisions do and guarantee 12 months from date they send new lamp out!
Wonder if it's worth a try?
Sorry your having so much trouble xx

I'm on my 3rd, it's absolutely disgraceful that we just have to put up with it and wait around knowing it will more than likely break again. If I had the money I would just replace them with something better x

Latest posts

Back