Another post about lifting....different question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmberlei

Reaction score
Hi all

Just a quick question... I know all the prep stuff and need to use liquid bonder.. etc..BUT if you are still having problems, can you use nailprime (that comes with the L & P) as an extra bond??

Cheers for your answers in advance!

Does no one know the answer? or is it a stupid question???:cry:

Hi There,

You can double prime if lifting is an issue, but first, you have to be absolutely sure that your prep is spot on.

For example:
Are you letting the bonder and/or primer dry completely before proceeding?
Is your mix ratio (L&P) spot on, does it need adjustment because of temperature?

If you are talking gel - are the bulbs in your lamp relatively new/fresh?
Do you need to clean your lamp?

I'm not sure I would use L&P primer with gel tbh.

N.

There are a lot of variables involved.

Hi all

Just a quick question... I know all the prep stuff and need to use liquid bonder.. etc..BUT if you are still having problems, can you use nailprime (that comes with the L & P) as an extra bond??

Cheers for your answers in advance!

your using brisa yes? yep you need to use brisa bond before your bonding layer of brisa gel .. but before that and after your normal prep, you can use prep boosters if you are having problems with a client either nailfresh or nailprime, I'd try nailfresh first to give your prep an extra boost draws extra oils from the nails plate and really deep cleans the nail plate before your brisa bond .. also make sure you let the brisa bond really DRY before you apply your bonding layer and make sure you really work that first layer into the nail plate .. don't just paint it on .. cross hatch it on and really work it in .. this is the layer that is going to give you the bond and do make sure you leave a margin with the side walls don't touch skin with product !!!! xxx

I would personally imo look at why you are getting lifting in the first place before worrying about FIXING with primer. What system are you using, as nail fresh by cnd can be used for lift prone clients, rather than primer.

I use retention by cnd and never usd primer as it is a keratin bonding monomer and therefore dont feel the need to use primer, as I have confidence in my work and products iygwim. xxx

I'm not sure I would use L&P primer with gel tbh.

I used. Successfully. But then there are different brands and products.
That particular one that I used was noticed to stick better with the acid primer that came with the L@P system of the same maker.

It happens but as I said somewhere else I would be glad to give up some experimenting if I could - unfortunately you cannot completely trust anyone here.. Sometimes you just have to live by your wits..

I used. Successfully. But then there are different brands and products.
That particular one that I used was noticed to stick better with the acid primer that came with the L@P system of the same maker.

It happens but as I said somewhere else I would be glad to give up some experimenting if I could - unfortunately you cannot completely trust anyone here.. Sometimes you just have to live by your wits..

What a bizarre and unjustified statement to make. I personally have received nothing but great advice for free, emotional support and quite a few laughs on the way from this fantastic site. I know lots of other Geeks that feel the same. I personally resent this statement as it implies that the people on this site are untrustworthy, this is an inflammatory comment to make and I for one do not appreciate it.

What a bizarre and unjustified statement to I personally have received nothing but great advice for free, emotional support and quite a few laughs on the way from this fantastic site.

I'm speaking about different systems and my experience with them.
Has nothing to do with the site.

sorry that I misinterpreted what you said, but you must see how I did so! when you said here I thought you was referring to this site.

anne xx

Thanks for your replies.... however, I am well aware of prep procedures etc, really, I am. In actual fact, Im gob smacked at those in the industry who dont do it correctly. As I say, my question is can i use another primer to help those prone lift clients? I need something stonger as what there is is not working.....

sorry that I misinterpreted what you said, but you must see how I did so! when you said here I thought you was referring to this site.
anne xx
I meant - down here in UA
:hug:

Latest posts

Back