Another Shellac question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Varley1

Reaction score
Hiya geeks just a question I'm starting up with shellac and was wondering if you have to use the cnd lamp to make it cure and is it worth doing the course for it??

Sorry if it's a repeated thread!!

Sam xxx

Hi

There is lots of threads on this.

Shellac cannot be guaranteed if you dont use the complete system. The CND lamp is inexpensive compared to other lamps and it worth investing in.

As for training, again worth investing in, however if you are competent in applying polish then you will be fine with Shellac.

Check out FingerNailFixer, she has some great videos.

Happy Shellacing x

I bought a uv lamp from Amazon (36w) for £25 and it works perfect. The shellac I've done lasts around 2 weeks, more but the nail grows it out and it looks daft.

I didn't do the training i looked at loads of videos on youtube and gave it a go.

I've heard good things about the course, but its up to you x

By not using a CND lamp, you can not guaranty that the shellac is cured properly. If you search the topic you will find hundreds of threads of the topic.

Def get the CND lamp so you know you are giving the proper shellac service, its also the best lamp I've ever invested in. :Love:

Hiya geeks just a question I'm starting up with shellac and was wondering if you have to use the cnd lamp to make it cure and is it worth doing the course for it??

Sorry if it's a repeated thread!!

Sam xxx

Hi Varley .. the answers to your questions are yes and yes!

There is lots of help on the internet but nothing beats a class. And no matter what anyone tells you about 25€ lamps from flea bay ... you do absolutely need the CND UV Lamp to properly cure Shellac and to be able to tell your clients you use Shellac ... invest in the whole system ... you would be being dishonest to the system and your clients if you did not. It makes no sense at all not to.

Thank you very much for you replys I'm getting my cnd lamp on order today very excited to get going with it.

Thank you Sam x:p:p

I would definitely recommend the training as I did it at the creative training academy in Manchester. If you buy the kit ooffer they have for shellac then you get the training for free.

Good luck

I would definitely recommend the training as I did it at the creative training academy in Manchester. If you buy the kit ooffer they have for shellac then you get the training for free.

Good luck

Same deal at all distributor locations!

I'd recommend the training too. I did mine at Manchester and found it was really useful. Knowing you've been shown the whole system from start to finish gives you the confidence that you're doing it properly.

I'd recommend the training too. I did mine at Manchester and found it was really useful. Knowing you've been shown the whole system from start to finish gives you the confidence that you're doing it properly.

...and I did mine at Manchester with Redduck yesterday too. Although I already knew quite a bit about the product it was still a very useful session. Redduck doesn't live a million miles away, so we're going to have a play session together.

...and I did mine at Manchester with Redduck yesterday too. Although I already knew quite a bit about the product it was still a very useful session. Redduck doesn't live a million miles away, so we're going to have a play session together.

I did my fingers yesterday and toes today so will see how long it lasts. We'll have to meet up so we can try and take the shellac off and re-apply! I look forward to not having to do my own pedicure next time!!

Latest posts

Back