Another warm wax question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Passionate

Reaction score
I have searched for this but couldnt seem to find my answer! I use Perron Rigot hot wax but I'm looking for a cheaper alternative warm wax to keep my costs down as money is tight! I have tried various ones at Salon Services but I suppose what you pay for is what you get and they seem to dry on the skin quicker! Can anyone recommend a really good mid range priced warm wax?? :hug:

I have searched for this but couldnt seem to find my answer! I use Perron Rigot hot wax but I'm looking for a cheaper alternative warm wax to keep my costs down as money is tight! I have tried various ones at Salon Services but I suppose what you pay for is what you get and they seem to dry on the skin quicker! Can anyone recommend a really good mid range priced warm wax?? :hug:

Are you using this for intimate areas? Warm wax is fine for arms/legs but for brazilians and underarms you need to use hot wax. I know it's expensive but it's well worth it.

Are you using this for intimate areas? Warm wax is fine for arms/legs but for brazilians and underarms you need to use hot wax. I know it's expensive but it's well worth it.

No I use Perron Rigot for underarms etc, I'm looking for just as good warm wax :hug:

So I'm assuming you are looking for a wax to use alongside your non-strip wax and not instead of?
Have you tried PR Cristal Ocean?
Yes it may be more expensive than some waxes but it goes on so thin that it lasts ages. It really is quite cost effective.
I use Berins Ease and the Cristal Ocean. I swap and change depending on my mood-lol
Both are great waxes but the Cristal Ocean is a lot more cost effective. For a half set of legs it would probably only be 5% of your service cost.
I use a metal spatual with mine and it just goes on lovely and thin. It's also hypo-:)allergenic

Then I agree with Angelina, Cristal Ocean all the way. Slightly more expensive than budget brands but well worth it.

I personally use PR Escential Green Tea. The PR waxes may seem more expensive to buy per tin, but it really does last so much longer as it goes on so much thinner. And the clients get a much better experience!

If you are finding that the costs are too high look at your treatment prices, are you charging enough? How about just adding £1 to your treatment costs? Tell clients its because you are using one of the best waxes available and it costs a little more then what everyone else uses but you want to give clients the best possible service.

If you still want to look at a mid-range wax I would suggest Hive Options. Mancine is also a good wax - though not sure of costs.

Mat

Thank you everyone for your help! I'll look into it :hug: I think I might have to invest in a metal spatula!!

Sorry to hijack the thread but I don't understand about metal spatulas. If you aren't supposed to double dip how do you do it with a metal spatula?

I don't double dip when using non-strip wax which i use for underarm, face and intimate waxing.
I do, however, double dip when doing legs, back, chest and arms unless there is any blood spotting.
Contrary to popular belief, it is extremely hard to contaminate your wax pot. The spatula doesn't touch your clients skin, the wax does and then that wax stays on the client anyway.
Ok, get ready for the backlash lol

That's really interesting as I was trained to never double dip too! I'd love to hear more input...also what's the difference between wooden spatula's and metal?

I am training at the moment and they have taught us that it's fine to double dip, changing spatulas when you move to a different area on the body or, obviously, for a different client. It appears this is actually still as acceptable to Habia as those who use one spatula to dip and then drizzle onto a second.

Hth x

awww shucks. I can't sit on my hands any longer. IMHO double dip = double bad.

Why take the risk? Can you honestly say that someone with HIV or Hep WILL NEVER present a cross infection RISK? Why would you chance it? If you're not scraping the product thin you are wasting stock. And if you're not wasting stock you WILL scrape the spat on the skin.

Spats are 6p for ten. How much is a life worth?

Oh dear, should we use disposable brushes for nail polish too? Same principle isn't it?!!

Latest posts

Back