anxiety/panic attacks.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i also hope you beat,i also hope i can beat it
i wish you all the best for your wedding day and i hope its as special as it should be.:)

hey. Does anyone else on here suffer from panic attacks/anxiety. Its starting to take over my life and I dont know what to do. Its dictating where I go, what i do etc.
I have been referred to see someone about them in feb, but I was just wondering whether anyone else suffers and how they deal with it?
:hug: Cheers xx
:)Hi,i can tell you i suffered from them for many years but after the birth of my first son michael 7 years ago they were at their worst. How i coped was to go on a Anxiety management course which your Doctor can refer you, it teaches you ways of different thinking. I also had councelling and found i was thinking about things that happened in my past that i couldnt change,the councelling also taught me how to restructure the way i thought about them..( i know not everyone like the thought of councelling but it does hep).I also swear by Rescue Remedy..its a godsend.Also when i feel im going abit funny i try to think about something else i have to plan like,whats for tea,then think about it in minute detail as if your writing it down,then you will find you have diverted your mind from thinking "oh no,its happening again" to something not related and the moment of panic passes.
This is a terrible thing to suffer from and those who have never had panic attacks are very lucky.I hope this helps you,and i feel for you but it will get better.I havent had an attack for about 9 months now.there is light at the end of the tunnel.(sorry for wittering on)
take care,julie

Hey Amy,
I have had problems with anxiety for years but I did not know what it was. It can cause many problems that you may not think are anxiety. If your dr. does not listen please go to someone else. I had to go to about 5 drs. before I found out what it was and a couple more to get the correct meds. Some have bad side effects, but the Drs. often prescribe certain meds and don't want to try others because they are not popular right now. I hope you get this worked out. By the way I'm fine now, taking regular meds but I'm working with a natural physician and hopefully I'll be able to go the natural route in the future. One thing at a time!
Good luck
Holly

Hi Amy
Just wanted you to know you are not alone, i'm here sweetie. Panic attacks which I think is also depression.(they seen to go hand in hand) I only know alittle but a friend I worked with would avoid people,places or anything. It to the point where she would say "i want to be normal, what is normal? I think no one is normal and some people are more sensitve than others.
I think that talking to someone who knows is very important and you have taken the first big step.
I'm here if you want me
Debbiexxx

Hiya, there are some really good books you can get by a Dr Claire Weekes, she has done one specifically for panic attacks, I have the one for nervous illness and its really good, its worth a try anyway it may just help you. I got mine in WH Smiths but I think you can also get them online from Amazon. Good luck and dont give up! xxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back