anxiety/panic attacks.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss amy

Reaction score
hey. Does anyone else on here suffer from panic attacks/anxiety. Its starting to take over my life and I dont know what to do. Its dictating where I go, what i do etc.
I have been referred to see someone about them in feb, but I was just wondering whether anyone else suffers and how they deal with it?
:hug: Cheers xx

Yes i do i have for years xx

how do you cope with it? I dont know what to do. its nice to know i am not alone.

Your deffo not allone huni millions of people suffer from it, my mum also suffers from it.

Ive had it for about 5 years on and off certain things will trigger it off, a few years ago i went into tesco's like normal done some shopping and all of a sudden i was so dizzy , hot and panicing like hell i just had to get out and for 5 months after that i would not even step into a shop not even a local small shop, i finally took the brunk to go to my shopping centre to over come my problem and i done it never thought i could so now i can pubs,shopping mostly anywhere apart from really busy places or college. i still do ocassionaly get panicy.

I handle it by taking The rescue remedy i swear by it, and it saves me from going back to the way i was, its about 5.50 u can get it in boots or a chemist and everytime u start to feel like ur going to panic take two drops on in ur mouth and it will calm u right down. Its very natural no side affects at all.

I also handle it by trying to take my mind off the panic , do something to take ur mind off it if ur panic'ing

i hope this helps sweetie xx:hug:

i don't but i recently found out of friend of mines does

i really feel for hun

Go and see your doctor, explain to them your symptoms and how you feel, if they don't do something go and see another one until you feel satisfied with the outcome.

It may seem passe to those that don't understand, but there is medication you can take (it doesn't have to be natural) a word of advice, only take it when you need it, otherwise you won't have the benifit of knowing what you are feeling.

Professional advice is what you need.

Go and see your doctor, explain to him your symptoms and how you feel, if they don't do something go and see another one until you feel satisfied with the outcome.

It may seem passe to those that don't understand, but there is medication you can take (it doesn't have to be natural) a word of advice, only take it when you need it, otherwise you won't have the benifit of knowing what you are feeling.

Professional advice is what you need.

Natural is always best thats the thing that will always help, doctors are no help at all they will try and put anti-depressance tablets to you and there no good at all xx

Also miss amy a little bit more info...

With the rescue remedy- if ur going to a place where u think u might panic take it before u go to this place about 5 minutes before. This is what i always do and always works.

Also you might know Chinese herbalists places if u go to one of them, they will ask u lots of questions about everything in ur life, u tell them whats happening with u and ur panic attacks and they will hand make u a nautal remedy to cure u, ive never taken this but after my mum done this and took the remedy she was going out parties, shopping everywhere without a care in the world.

rescure remedy is a quick cure just for the few hours , but the chinese hebalist remedy is a cure for life, they do charge but its worth it.xx

yeah the doctor has already tried to put me on anti depressants (for the record, I am not at all depressed!) I have been referred to the health team to see if they can shed any light on it, I am getting to the point where I dont want to go on holiday or go out. Its so odd,if I could understand what it is and why, i think i could probably deal with it but there is no rhyme or reason for it!

Miss amy, read through my post try the things i said espesh the chinese herbalist and u will be cured xx sometimes there is no reason for it x

i suffer from panic attacks but i dont have the dizzyness of feeling hot.i have trouble with my breathing,where i feel like i need to take a deep breath all the time.i do go out shopping to my local town and things by myself but i wont go on holiday and i get worried if i have to travel abit of a distance.i do suffer from anxiety alot eg i when i get nervous or worry about something i feel physicaly sick.do you think that rescue remedy would be any benefit to me? im so glad im not alone as most people i know just think im being stupid

i suffer from panic attacks but i dont have the dizzyness of feeling hot.i have trouble with my breathing,where i feel like i need to take a deep breath all the time.i do go out shopping to my local town and things by myself but i wont go on holiday and i get worried if i have to travel abit of a distance.i do suffer from anxiety alot eg i when i get nervous or worry about something i feel physicaly sick.do you think that rescue remedy would be any benefit to me? im so glad im not alone as most people i know just think im being stupid

Yes it would help hun as i guess that sometimes wen u feel like you cant breath u tend to panic? which in this case it would help i love it i take it everywhere with me and its not expensive either xxx

Yes it would help hun as i guess that sometimes wen u feel like you cant breath u tend to panic? which in this case it would help i love it i take it everywhere with me and its not expensive either xxx
did you say you can get it from boots as im going onto town tommorrow so i will get some if i can?

did you say you can get it from boots as im going onto town tommorrow so i will get some if i can?

Yes you can get it from boots or from your local chemist its ruffly 5.50 something like that..Just to warn u it does taste a tiny bit like brandy they put an incy wincy drop in to keep it in date.xx

Hey guys!

Panic queen is here!

tracey, you can get rescue remedy from boots, or Holland and Barret - and it is really good - its a grape alcohol solution and tastes a little like whisky, you can either pop a few drops on your tongue or mix some with water :) it has no 'noticeable' effect, but you just seem to be able to rationalise after having some! Fab! :)

When I have really panicked i have been known to swig the bottle!! lol!

But it truely is fantastic, I take it where ever I go and I wouldn't be without it.

I suffer with Panic Disorder, this is where you have more than 4 attacks a month. Most of the time you would never know I'm panicking, but boy do I feel it.

I get it out shopping, in the car, Walking outside on my own, I have to just go and pretend to look at something on the bottom shelf in a shop sometimes to crouch down in a small little space and take some deep breaths. I cant go on holiday, on a train, boat etc - my life is ruled by it sometimes. Which is pretty sad, but doctors in this country are all too quick to make you pop anti depressants / beta blockers which are strong body altering drugs, no one needs that. The power of your own mind is often enough to ease the attacks, and I for one can cope this way, theres no way I'm walking around like a zombie!:confused:

I have learned to stop them before they become full scale, but it is awful battling the feeling all the time, so I really feel for you hun. I know how it feels, I have had them for 7 years since I was bullied at school, I too have had anti depressants shoved at me, been to a councillor, but neither have been any help at all,

What has helped me the most is understanding exactly what happens when you have one and how to cope with it, what kind of breathing to do etc, and knowing that you are NOT silly, your not neurotic, it is a chemical reaction in your brain which produces adrenaline, which produces physical symptoms - sometimes when you have been under stress for a long time your brain can start to produce adrenaline when it isn't needed, and thats exactly what a panic attack is hun. You could be sitting there totally normally and then bang, out of no where your feeling terrible :hug:

If you ever want a chat about it just pm me hun, I'll even chat over the phone rather than typing! I know that chatting on the phone to someone who understands does the world of good, especially if you are ever having one :hug:

Your not on your own chick. Promise! x

Hey guys!

Panic queen is here!

tracey, you can get rescue remedy from boots, or Holland and Barret - and it is really good - its a grape alcohol solution and tastes a little like whisky, you can either pop a few drops on your tongue or mix some with water :) it has no 'noticeable' effect, but you just seem to be able to rationalise after having some! Fab! :)

Already told her that hun lol xxx

you are deffo not on your own hun

doctors are veyr quick to deal out the anti-depressants for panic/anxiety attacks and most of the time this is not what you need, ive never tried rescue remedy, but after reading a few positive respnses i will deffo try some myself

i to have done the bedning down pretending to get bottom shelf items juts to be 'alone' and get some breaths in and try and rationalise etc, other times ive locked myself in the house, and refused to face the world, im not proud to admit it, but ive even had the kids stay off school once because i just couldnt get out of the house, i was at the door telling myslef it was ok and i should go, then i was screaming crying no i cant go out, the kids didnt know what to do, so i ran and hid in the bedroom til my lad who was baout 8 then rang my hubby who had to come home and deal with it, luckily ive learnt to deal with it a bit better over the last few years , just mind power etc, and i had a valuable lesson about what really matters in life, and i stopped getting so stressed over every tiny little small details, so that helps a little bit

but sometimes it comes over me in waves and i know its happening, but i cant always stop it

try some of the remedies mentioned and let us knw if you have any success, also if you wanna pm me feel free, its nice to know your not the only one sometimes isnt it

take care xxxxx

Yes i agree with nicky, let us know how it goes and how u start to feel.

Also i mentioned about Chinese herbal places they have in which they ask u lots and lots of questions some even pathetic questions like whats ur favorite food, How often do u drink tea etc etc and u would think omg why are u asking me this but its all to do with the panics certain things u drink,eat or do that may be causing them and then what he does is he makes a special remedy espesh for you as a person and it cures u for life rather than for a few hours. It can be a bit pricey but its so worth it xxx

Yes i agree with nicky, let us know how it goes and how u start to feel.

Also i mentioned about Chinese herbal places they have in which they ask u lots and lots of questions some even pathetic questions like whats ur favorite food, How often do u drink tea etc etc and u would think omg why are u asking me this but its all to do with the panics certain things u drink,eat or do that may be causing them and then what he does is he makes a special remedy espesh for you as a person and it cures u for life rather than for a few hours. It can be a bit pricey but its so worth it xxx

If that worked it would be published everywhere and that man would be very rich indeed. I really do not think his 'remedy' can cure you for life.:rolleyes:

Certain things that you eat and drink do NOT cause them, only contribute to feelings of anxiety sometimes, like too much caffine etc, that can make your heart beat faster and cause 'palpatations' etc, make you a bit dizzy for a while if you have too much, but certainly not cause one to happen.

If that worked it would be published everywhere and that man would be very rich indeed. I really do not think his 'remedy' can cure you for life.:rolleyes:

Certain things that you eat and drink do NOT cause them, only contribute to feelings of anxiety sometimes, like too much caffine etc, that can make your heart beat faster and cause 'palpatations' etc, make you a bit dizzy for a while if you have too much, but certainly not cause one to happen.

It has human proof my mum used to suffer from bad panic attacks and since she done that and took that remedy she can do anywhere without a worry in the world.

Latest posts

Back