any advice from all you spray tan machine pros?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catherine S

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been speaking to a lady who is very upset because she purchased one of these Chinese HVLP 700 machines the same as this:
HVLP 700 Series - Black Magic Concepts Pty Ltd
& this: The Serenity Room - HVLP 700 Spray Tan Machine

... off someone on eBay, but (in her words) "
I tried out the spray tan machine last night and my solution dripped horrendously all down my legs. I have been contacting the guy I bought it off (on Ebay) but he is so useless and unhelpful - i dont know what to do!"

Has anyone used one of these machines before (I did do a salongeek search, whenever problems with this machine have been mentioned people have just said bring it back. But it could just be that she's new to spray tanning and there could be a knack to it)? I know they're not that uncommon as I was in a salon a few weeks ago which had one.

I have said to her it's probably that the nozzle is not in the optimum position but just thought in case there's some particular quirk to this machine, someone here might know about it?

If anyone knows I'll email her a link to this thread and she'll probably become a new salongeek fan :)

Thanks everyone, x.

Last edited:
From the link it looks like it has a solution control screw at the back of the gun similar to the HV5008 etc, she should try completely tightening the screw and testing the spray on couch roll after relasing the screw slightly until she finds the optimum spray level. The nozzle position would change the spray pattern but not the amount of solution flowing through so this wouldn't solve the problem.
Has she been on a spray tan course? If she is buying off ebay then she may not have had any training as she should have covered machine use and maintenance in her training course which would give her an idea that this could be what is wrong. Other possibility is spraying too close and too slow. If your friend hasnt trained then I would recommend that she does asap in order to be working safely and get the best results. Hope that helps :hug:

the hvlp 700 is a really poor quality machine available for £18 from china and currently selling on ebay for around £60:cry:
somebody brought one to me to have a look at, the nozzle produces a vortex not a straight spray pattern,so there is loads of overspray, you needed to turn it almost off otherwise it soaked the client and in the only just open position it splattered terribly,there may be a knack to get a good result from this machine but the one i played with had a huge needle and this silly nozzle and just wasnt capable of atomising the solution into a suitable spray pattern,
i managed to get a spray gun from the maximist to fit the hose, as i had a few spares and it sorted her out for a short while. until the motor burned out. :irked:
unfortunately i think its a case of lesson a learned the hard way,

Oh no :( I guess she's best off just returning it and buying herself something decent like a MaxiMist then.

Thanks for your help, both of you. I'll send her this link so she can try what cherish suggested and then if it's no good she'll probably go ahead and return the machine.

It seems to be a similar machine to the one I did my training on. I dont know if the gun would be the same,but we were told to put our little finger behind the flow scew and undo it until it touched it , and that would be the right setting, more or less..Very technical stuff:eek:. Anyhow, it might be something to try, but it sounds like Cherish says..she may need a training course..

Latest posts

Back