Any advice on (CND) l&p side of nail lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracie130178

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondered if anyone had any advice or tips. I always remove all living tissue from the nails and do a really good prep. I dont get any lifting at the cuticle area but I do get a bit at the side walls even though I do leave a very very small margine :sad:

I hate lifting and want to try reduce it to none on most of my clients arrrgh!!! xx

Hi

Just wondered if anyone had any advice or tips. I always remove all living tissue from the nails and do a really good prep. I dont get any lifting at the cuticle area but I do get a bit at the side walls even though I do leave a very very small margine :sad:

I hate lifting and want to try reduce it to none on most of my clients arrrgh!!! xx

Are you pressing hard enough on the sides? I hate sidewall lifting, it's almost impossible to file out, and the sidewalls are sometimes tricky to get enough pressure to make sure your product is fully adhered.....

Hth's

Can someone tell me what l&p is? :)

Vetty is absolutely right. You need to press that product and pack it against the sides as firmly as you do at the eponychium and in the centre.

Often techs do not turn their brush when working so that the flat side of the brush is facing the sidewall; only if they do that, can they press effectively in that area ... Consequently, they get the product to the side walls, but have not pressed it firmly enough and lifting results.

Hi

I have to assume you didn't mean living tissue. :wink2:

Are you using a curette to get all the gunk along the sidewalls? I have a hard time getting into that little area and making sure I get all the cuticle. The curette is small enough to get right along the sides. Just another idea. :)

Here is some help with understanding how to get the curette into the sidewalls to be sure you are getting all of the cuticle:
Cuticle Work V2 - YouTube

Latest posts

Back