Any anxiety sufferers on here?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

I'm so glad I've come across this thread. I've suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for 10 years now and I too suffer with IBS during a panic/anxiety attack which makes me really self conscious and embarrassed.

It has effected every job I've had and now more so than ever. I'm not working at the mo but wanting to get back into a salon/spa, the only problem is in my last job I started having anxiety attacks about being in a treatment for an hour/hour and half or longer. I started to feel claustrophobic then panicking about not being able to leave the treatment room in the middle of a massage etc if I needed the loo or just the time to breath properly and calm down.

Has anyone else felt like this or is that just me???

Thanks

Aww Danielle! Welcome to the gang! I don't tend to get it during treatments thankfully. I really do get worked about about staying overnight somewhere or going away?! I'm nervous about going to festivals this summer!

Sent from my XT890 using SalonGeek mobile app

Aww Danielle! Welcome to the gang! I don't tend to get it during treatments thankfully. I really do get worked about about staying overnight somewhere or going away?! I'm nervous about going to festivals this summer!

Hi, yeh I too hate staying away from home. I also have OCD related to contamination/germs etc. I'm always worried I'll get food poisoning when I'm staying away from home or eating out in general. There is a spa job I'd love to go for but I'd have to be sent on about 3 different courses with different companies for product knowledge and so on. One is for a week and the others are for 2 days at a time. I just don't feel I can go on the training which would mean I have to turn down the job.

Have you spoken yo a doctor about it? I had really bad problems wit anxiety whilst learning to drive and I spoke to my doctor and he gave me a mild antidepressant to deal with the OCD ad also a calm tablet to stop me panicking. Wasn't for long term but just to get me through the worst of it.
We can't let it take hold of our lives

Have you spoken yo a doctor about it? I had really bad problems wit anxiety whilst learning to drive and I spoke to my doctor and he gave me a mild antidepressant to deal with the OCD ad also a calm tablet to stop me panicking. Wasn't for long term but just to get me through the worst of it.
We can't let it take hold of our lives

Hi, yeh I've been to the docs quite a bit for it over the years. I've had CBT and counselling which helped a bit but nobody has suggested medication. I'm afraid to say it has taken hold of my life and I think I've just come to terms with that and thought I'll have to live it.

Hi, yeh I too hate staying away from home. I also have OCD related to contamination/germs etc. I'm always worried I'll get food poisoning when I'm staying away from home or eating out in general. There is a spa job I'd love to go for but I'd have to be sent on about 3 different courses with different companies for product knowledge and so on. One is for a week and the others are for 2 days at a time. I just don't feel I can go on the training which would mean I have to turn down the job.

This sounds exactly like me, I wont eat any meat in restaurants anymore as hate having dinner in someone elses house incase I think the food might not be fully cooked but then it would be rude to just not eat it! And staying over night, I have to prepare myself well in advance!

This sounds exactly like me, I wont eat any meat in restaurants anymore as hate having dinner in someone elses house incase I think the food might not be fully cooked but then it would be rude to just not eat it! And staying over night, I have to prepare myself well in advance!

Hey, yeh same with me too. I stopped eating meat for two years for that exact reason. I have just started to eat a little bit due to health reasons but it makes me so anxious and if I do eat out, which isn't very often I'll always go for the vegetarian option

Latest posts

Back