Any anxiety sufferers on here?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my first session of CBT this morning.... absolutely terrified... I know it's a step in the right direction but god I feel anxious this morning!

You are bound to be a scared but the therapist will be lovely and will be there to help you not to judge you. CBT helped me lots last year. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

You are bound to be a scared but the therapist will be lovely and will be there to help you not to judge you. CBT helped me lots last year. X

Thanks Nikki. Yes she has been lovely. Only had two sessions and third one not for a couple of weeks so not really had the momentum to feel any difference yet. X

Thanks Nikki. Yes she has been lovely. Only had two sessions and third one not for a couple of weeks so not really had the momentum to feel any difference yet. X

It will take a few sessions but if you like and trust her stick with it. X

Cat therapy is cognitive analytical therapy. It kind of looks at your patterns of behaviour and your thoughts patterns and why you do them. What does it relate back to. What happened in your life? To make you act and think the way you do now. And perhaps how you can change those patterns it really works for me.

At the moment my anxiety is showing up when I'm booking people in because i run my business I have to take phone calls and text messages Facebook messages too early in the day later that night and it's really stressing me out. I find myself swearing at my phone and throwing it down on my bed or just not answering text messages which is very good for business lol

I don't have a business phone because I can't afford two. I really wish somebody else could do this for me. I love this job but I hate having to manage people and my diary it starts off my anxieties and makes me think of leaving this job :( ;(

that's nothing new, all of my life I only have lasted a few months to a year in every job before I moved on , which again is probably a lot to do with anxiety and I do wonder if I am bipolar? Who knows! the doctors don't really care anyway!!

I've managed to stay in business for fauna half years now and I'm really proud of myself for not giving up its the longest I've ever stayed in a job and I've got to admit it because I don't have a manager loll but I am struggling with handeling customers a bit x

At the moment my anxiety is showing up when I'm booking people in because i run my business I have to take phone calls and text messages Facebook messages too early in the day later that night and it's really stressing me out. I find myself swearing at my phone and throwing it down on my bed or just not answering text messages which is very good for business lol

I don't have a business phone because I can't afford two. I really wish somebody else could do this for me. I love this job but I hate having to manage people and my diary it starts off my anxieties and makes me think of leaving this job :( ;(

that's nothing new, all of my life I only have lasted a few months to a year in every job before I moved on , which again is probably a lot to do with anxiety and I do wonder if I am bipolar? Who knows! the doctors don't really care anyway!!

I've managed to stay in business for fauna half years now and I'm really proud of myself for not giving up its the longest I've ever stayed in a job and I've got to admit it because I don't have a manager loll but I am struggling with handeling customers a bit x

A second phone doesn't have to cost the earth and if it will relieve some of the anxiety for you it will be worth it. I got a basic Nokia (not a smart phone) for £30 from the 3 Store and a pay as you go chip with 3 as it has a really cheap calling plan, it's 3p a minute and 2p a text.

Iv been feeling really anxious lately and I don't know why :-( I just can't relax, my body feels on edge 24/7 and it's hard work! I keep getting really upset about it :-( just wanted a moan lol x

I don't have anxiety but my friend does which she has developed since going through chemo.

I'm trying to understand it but I never will fully because I'm not a sufferer. I'm not sure what to say or how to talk to her about it. She's open about it but sometimes it's like she's asking me for advice and I just don't know what to say 😔 but this thread is definitely helping me understand it better. Just wish I could help everyone!

I have just been reading about how dehydration can cause anxiety, I never knew this, kind of makes sense though! X

I didn't know this, but when I feel anxious I always want to sip cold water....I thought it was to kind of give me something to concentrate on....my mum takes palpitations and the dr told her drinking ice cold water helps slow the heart rate...who knew!

I don't have anxiety but my friend does which she has developed since going through chemo.

I'm trying to understand it but I never will fully because I'm not a sufferer. I'm not sure what to say or how to talk to her about it. She's open about it but sometimes it's like she's asking me for advice and I just don't know what to say 😔 but this thread is definitely helping me understand it better. Just wish I could help everyone!

I read an article the other day about things to say and not say to anxiety sufferers. I will try and dig it out for you and post it here a bit later on.

That would be great! Thanks

I just want to ask a quick question.
I have suffered anxiety for around 5 years now. It used to affect my everyday life, but after years of councilling (even way before the anxiety) I've developed my own coping mechanisms.

One of the things that really gets me down when I suffer an attack is a dodgy tummy. I can be fine one minute & the next rushing to the toilet.
Do any of you suffer this? Have you developed any way of coping? xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have suffered anxiety for around 5 years now. It used to affect my everyday life, but after years of councilling (even way before the anxiety) I've developed my own coping mechanisms.

One of the things that really gets me down when I suffer an attack is a dodgy tummy. I can be fine one minute & the next rushing to the toilet.

That's exactly what happens to me when I'm feeling anxious. I think it's something to do with increased adrenalin in your body. Sometimes I'm able to stop it happening when I start to feel anxious by doing the breathing thing. Longer 'out' breaths tricks your body into thinking it's relaxed and I also use avoidance techniques so I'll leave the anxiety inducing situation, or watch tv or play a game on my phone. (Although according to my cbt therapist avoidance techniques are not a long term solution and hopefully I will learn a different way of dealing with the thoughts that lead to the anxiety.)

That's exactly what happens to me when I'm feeling anxious. I think it's something to do with increased adrenalin in your body. Sometimes I'm able to stop it happening when I start to feel anxious by doing the breathing thing. Longer 'out' breaths tricks your body into thinking it's relaxed and I also use avoidance techniques so I'll leave the anxiety inducing situation, or watch tv or play a game on my phone. (Although according to my cbt therapist avoidance techniques are not a long term solution and hopefully I will learn a different way of dealing with the thoughts that lead to the anxiety.)

Great to know im not alone with this. I do the breathing thing to try and calm myself whenever I have an attack, but it never seems to help the sick feeling and the dodgy tummy.
I also try and remove myself from the situation but this is becoming near impossible at college :( .
If I have a client I can't disappear and that makes me feel worse. xx

I am testing out this drinking lots of water theory so I'll let you all know how I get on x

Yeah I get this too but cant actually go to the loo, I just get realllllly intense stomach cramps and I noticed it always happens in waiting rooms no matter where I am! Nothing I have found that works right away But buscopan helps the cramps bigtime!

Forgive me, I've not read all the posts on this thread. I just read the title of this thread and had to stop by. I had major confidence and anxiety issues throughout Uni and after. I can't say this will work for everyone and it does take a little time to get into, but doing yoga and meditation really helped me. If I feel stressed out for whatever reason I take some time out to just do some deep breathing exercises, meditate, focus on the positives. I gradually began to fight off those worrying thoughts and panicky moments, my confidence grew as I learnt how to deal with controlling my thoughts. It did take me a little while to really get into some kind of regular routine but I feel so much more relaxed and amazing for doing so. I can't promise it takes away all of your troubles etc. Just a suggestion to try out. Everybody's experience is different after all. but there are so many benefits to yoga and meditation.

x HelloSORRISO x

About the needing a number 2 fast!!
That's from many years ago back in the dark ages lol it's our body's preparing for fight or flight if you've ever heard of it?
Basically you need to be lighter in weight to run or fight so, we get rid of some excess weight!!
Animals do it too :)

I never suffer from this. Nothing makes me poop!! Lol

Random tip to reduce anxiety won't work For everyone.
Open a window, lay down, turn off tv etc Breath in fresh air and listen to birds.

I always have that issue! Its so embarrassing! But it will be all I can think about!

Sent from my XT890 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back