Any distributors or trainers out there can help me.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty Within

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Iv been looking for a job in training. I currently rent my own space in a hair salon. I really fancy doing something on my quite days to earn some extra cash. As I am getting my first house very soon. I haven't had any luck finding much on becoming a trainer but a lot on becoming a distributor.

Is anyone a distributor for a company? How do they find it? Or any other information you can give me about it.
Thanks xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

hi there

My first question is what training quals do you have? Do you have any teaching experience? (sorry , dont mean to offend in any way, just trying to get a gist of where you are at). what do you feel passionate about teaching, beauty, nails both?

regards
tigi

hi there

My first question is what training quals do you have? Do you have any teaching experience? (sorry , dont mean to offend in any way, just trying to get a gist of where you are at). what do you feel passionate about teaching, beauty, nails both?

regards
tigi

Thankyou for the reply. I am fully qualified to an NVQ level 2 in beauty therapy, i'm also qualified in Spray tanning and Biosculpture Gel, With 7 years experience.
And last year quailfied with lash perfect semi permanent eyelash extensions.
I have no teaching quailfication but have taught new starters in salons I used to work in, I really enjoyed teaching others.
I am passionate about all beauty treatments but I have been looking more towards spray tanning.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Ok well you need to look into a teaching qualification to start with. contact your local college an they can advise you but PTLLS is a popular course to start with.

There are some companies out there who will take on trainers without teaching quals. BUt I dont know much about them to be truthful. (maybe someone will come along and help you with that one).

Its great that you have the passion to do something, you just need to start putting the pieces together. look into the ptlls, I did it as my first teaching qual in 93, and then went onto other teaching qualifications afterwards. Its a great course.

tigi
xx

Is anyone a distributor for a company? How do they find it? Or any other information you can give me about it.

I'm a distributor. It's a lot of work for a low margin!
The pick, pack and post part of it is easy, but chasing people for money is very disheartening. People seem to think that it's ok to pay only when they've been chased several times for payment.
The importing of products is time consuming, frustrating and eye wateringly expensive. I recently imported two large-ish boxes of products from Australia and the UPS bill was over a thousand pounds.
The stock takes up a lot of room too.

I do enjoy it though, just not the sniffiness of people when they owe me money and don't want to pay it!

Latest posts

Back