Any geeks been to Dublin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautifyMe19

Reaction score
I just wanted to know what it's like in Dublin? Any nice restaurants in the centre? Bars etc? I'm off on the 29th June for weekend with a few of my girl friends! Staying in a hotel in the centre! Guinness factory any good.. Althou I don't like guinness haha? :)

Hi,

I'm from Dublin. You will have a fantastic time on your trip!

What type of restaurant / bar / tourist activity are you looking for? I can make a few suggestions for you.

Angela (Easydry).

Hi, another Dub here, you'll have a ball, just don't expect the sun! And yes the Guinness factory is deadly, and although I'm not a drinker off it, the pints there are yummy - really ! Top tip is to book ur tickets for it online ( u can do that even when u hey here ) this means you can skip the q and go straight in. As it's summer you can q over 30mins outside.

Hi,

I'm from Dublin. You will have a fantastic time on your trip!

What type of restaurant / bar / tourist activity are you looking for? I can make a few suggestions for you.

Angela (Easydry).

I hope so :)

Just maybe like a nice Italian or something like that.. Can't go wrong with Italian! Just basically going to do some shopping, go to a couple of nice restaurants Friday night and Saturday.. Probably hit the bars etc on Friday night .. Don't really know what other attractions are worth a visit other then the factory!

Hi, another Dub here, you'll have a ball, just don't expect the sun! And yes the Guinness factory is deadly, and although I'm not a drinker off it, the pints there are yummy - really ! Top tip is to book ur tickets for it online ( u can do that even when u hey here ) this means you can skip the q and go straight in. As it's summer you can q over 30mins outside.

Ha don't worry I live in Yorkshire.. It's always raining! Ahh yeah thanks for the tip.. May aswell go I suppose just for the fun haha :) thanks honey x

Aw you'll have a blast, bring your camera as the view from the sky bar is deadly. If you've any other questions, plenty of Dublin geeks on here...

Aw you'll have a blast, bring your camera as the view from the sky bar is deadly. If you've any other questions, plenty of Dublin geeks on here...

Deffo going to take some snaps like a tourist ha! Are there any nice popular restaurants? Italian or something like that? X

check out temple bar when you go. it's an area full of clubs, pubs etc

I'm from Dublin too... you will have a great time, loads of shops and restaurants and of course pubs! :)

I like Little Caesars Italian ... it's right across from the Westbury Hotel, so it's just off Grafton Street, which is the place to be when it comes to the shops. Look out for the flower sellers on Grafton street and it's just behind them.

http://www.littlecaesars.ie/Locations

You should do the viking splash while you're there for the laugh... it's great fun and you'll get to see some of the city too.

Viking Splash Tours - Dublin Sightseeing Tours

Have fun! :)

You'll have a brilliant time, Dublin is a great place to visit and the people are amazing.

Take plenty of spending money though! Think London prices and then some.

Enjoy! :biggrin:

Oh I am from Dublin U will have a ball my favourite is Fire on Dawson St and then Cafe En Seine is just straight across the road xx

Ok - here are some suggestions from a Dub:

Official Tourism Site - Visit Dublin - Official Tourist Information Dublin Hotels and Car Hire

Italian Food:
Dunne & Crescenzi - Dunne and Crescenzi

There is also an Italian Quarter filled with fab Italian restaurants:
Visit Dublin - Italian - Dublin's Italian Quarter - Quartier Bloom

Pubs / Bars:
Temple bar is a busy tourist spot packed with bars: TEMPLE BAR CULTURAL TRUST
The Mint Bar is fab for cocktails - The Mint Bar | The Westin Dublin | Home
O'Donoghues is a great traditional bar - Dublin B&B, Bed and Breakfast Dublin, ODonoghues Guesthouse & Bar Dublin City Ireland

Tourist Spots:
Viking Splash Bus Tour - great fun - Viking Splash Tours - Dublin Sightseeing Tours
Temple Bar - full of bars at night but pretty shops and cobbled streets during the day.
Trinity College
Stephens Green - park & shopping centre
Guinness

Shopping:
Grafton Street (expecially Brown Thomas)
Stephens Green Shopping Centre (top of Grafton Street)
Jervis Shopping Centre
Dumdrum Shopping Centre (Take Luas to Ballally - about 15 mins from city centre)

I hope you have a fabulous time. Let me know if you need to know more?

Angela (Easydry).

Oh my thank you ladies for the comments :) I'm very excited.. And heard its expensive but ahwell may as well treat myself and have a good time :) x

Ok - here are some suggestions from a Dub:

Official Tourism Site - Visit Dublin - Official Tourist Information Dublin Hotels and Car Hire

Italian Food:
Dunne & Crescenzi - Dunne and Crescenzi

There is also an Italian Quarter filled with fab Italian restaurants:
Visit Dublin - Italian - Dublin's Italian Quarter - Quartier Bloom

Pubs / Bars:
Temple bar is a busy tourist spot packed with bars: TEMPLE BAR CULTURAL TRUST
The Mint Bar is fab for cocktails - The Mint Bar | The Westin Dublin | Home
O'Donoghues is a great traditional bar - Dublin B&B, Bed and Breakfast Dublin, ODonoghues Guesthouse & Bar Dublin City Ireland

Tourist Spots:
Viking Splash Bus Tour - great fun - Viking Splash Tours - Dublin Sightseeing Tours
Temple Bar - full of bars at night but pretty shops and cobbled streets during the day.
Trinity College
Stephens Green - park & shopping centre
Guinness

Shopping:
Grafton Street (expecially Brown Thomas)
Stephens Green Shopping Centre (top of Grafton Street)
Jervis Shopping Centre
Dumdrum Shopping Centre (Take Luas to Ballally - about 15 mins from city centre)

I hope you have a fabulous time. Let me know if you need to know more?

Angela (Easydry).

this is amazing info so much help :)... Thank you lots!!
& thank you sure I will so excited.. I will let you know if I need anymore info ha x

And... now i know where all the dublin geeks have been hiding! Im from dublin too :)

http://porthouse.ie/

My favourite little place to go... in the heart of the city centre with very reasonable prices. Make sure to get there in time as later in the evening near to impossible to get in if going over the weekend!

Jurate xx

Hope you have a fab visit to Dublin. We are very friendly - as you can see from the posts here. If you want any more info / suggestions let us know.

Make sure you try a full Irish breakfast - especially after a night out.

And... now i know where all the dublin geeks have been hiding! Im from dublin too :)

http://porthouse.ie/

My favourite little place to go... in the heart of the city centre with very reasonable prices. Make sure to get there in time as later in the evening near to impossible to get in if going over the weekend!

Jurate xx

Thank you honey.. Just checked the website.. Tapas yum yum definitely going to check this out :) xx

Thank you honey.. Just checked the website.. Tapas yum yum definitely going to check this out :) xx

You will love it! And house wine is absolutely beautiful! We arranged a few parties in there, the bill has never been high, service is always top class and candle lit walls just make it so cozy and relaxing! I love that place and could ramble on and on and on about it, but i will stop now :)

Jurate xx

tapas, tapas!!!

how can you even mention anything remotley spanish today after the hammering they gave us in the soccer yesterday...:cry:

tapas, tapas!!!

how can you even mention anything remotley spanish today after the hammering they gave us in the soccer yesterday...:cry:

Oh no, sorry! :( :hug:

Jurate xx

Latest posts

Back