Any hairdressers/beauty therapists?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lulabelle

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to get back into the industry after 10yr away!! When I first started training after school I was advised buy the salon I worked as a Saturday girl in that doing hair and beauty together was pointless and I should choose one or the other 😔 anyway I chose hair. Now I'm looking to go back to college to retrain and was thinking I'd like to do both hair and beauty, I'm aiming to go mobile eventually although I appriciate I'm best off working in a salon to start wit. Do u thinks its visible to do both hairdressing along with beauty? I'm mainly thinging nails tans and lashes/brows

Any ideas lol?
Just not sure if I should Waste time and money do the nails, brows and tan training if people won't use there hairdresser to carry out these treatments 💅💇?

I personally think its too much to do altogether there's so much you need to take in, why don't you do say the hairdressing first then add other things on later and just concentrate on one thing, I wanted to do both when I first started but just ended up doing hairdressing and to be honest if I had done beauty too I think it would have been too much. Xxx

I'm a nail tech and beauty therapist and hair is something I know I would enjoy doing but to be honest with you - although this is my full time job I think colouring / perming hair as well as doing everything im doing would be too much work to take on but if there was a course that just did cutting and finishing then I'd be at it like a shot! Minimal tools!

x

I do both just added beauty and nails to my career. I been a hairdresser for 9 years and wish I had done the beauty sooner.
I think you can do both and its a good idea if you are planning to be mobile as you can offer alot more.
You wouldnt be just a hairdresser you would be a beauitican aswell!
Clients have me to do there nails in between colours and Im there anyway with them so its a bonus to do.
Im glad I choose hair first though.

I do both just added beauty and nails to my career. I been a hairdresser for 9 years and wish I had done the beauty sooner.
I think you can do both and its a good idea if you are planning to be mobile as you can offer alot more.
You wouldnt be just a hairdresser you would be a beauitican aswell!
Clients have me to do there nails in between colours and Im there anyway with them so its a bonus to do.
Im glad I choose hair first though.

I've done exactly this aswel, it's definately proved to be beneficial for me as alot of my original hair clients had nails/waxing etc done elsewhere but I now do all this for them aswel. Easier for them...more money for me. The only downside is all the extra stuff to carry around (I'm mobile) but if you're clever about it...it can work :) xx

I do both, I train in hair and beauty over 20 years ago and was mobile for years, now I do my hairdressing 2 days a week mobile and have a beauty salon and just do beauty there 4 days a week, so although I keep my hairdressing and beauty separate. I do love both, I did try beauty mobile but there was to much stuff to carry about, and I found a lot of people didn't have roo to put the couch up in their homes etc... But my friend runs a very successful mobile beauty business ;)

Thanks for all the replies, I would concentrate on hair mainly I think but add nails and eye treatments like someone else said it's something to do in between colours.
I think I'll manage the learning side all together fairly easily as to start with I'll be doing my level 2 which I nearly completed yrs ago before I quit so should find it ok picking it back up x

Latest posts

Back