Any help with CSA?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiel

Reaction score
i have just got marred to find out my husband has the bailiffs after him for not paying CSA dose that make me reliable for my property to be taken as we are now marred?

Oh dear :-/.

Im not sure.
I last had dealings with the csa 14 years ago and they were a nightmare to be honest.In the end me and my ex partner went to solicitors and drew up our own contract and got the solicitor to write to the csa to tell them to butt out basically.

They decided that my ex could suddenly start paying a much huger amount of maintenence (and i mean huge!)even though his wages hadnt changed but because hed got married so i dont know if that same rule would apply now.

They are a law unto themselves and quite often complicate the system more than it needs to be.

Abit like i r if you ask me!

I deal with the csa as my ex is a lowlife and now going to have the bailiffs on to him for not paying child support. The best thing I suggest is your husband contacts them and makes his payments as it will possibly impact you both now you are married. You could contact the csa yourself and ask of this will affect you.

Your husband needs to sort out his CSA debt asap , as the CSA will not give up and wont think twice about putting a charge on property or starting legal proceedings & sending in the bailiffs - they can even seize driving licences . All of which I fully agree with when estranged parents don't pay their way for their children without good reason.
Im not saying your husband doesn't have good reason as I do not know the circumstances surrounding his csa debt but he needs to deal with this quickly x

My ex husband decided to move to south Africa to get out of paying CSA....

Thats terrible :( makes me sad to see things like this. I have been really lucky with my ex I don't get any hassle from him . Can't say he's my favourite person on the planet but he always pays his way and see's the children every week without fail. I just can't understand the men that don't want to be in contact with their children , its heart breaking xx

Lol mine quit his full time job to go on to benefits to get out of paying and even now they say he should pay only £5 per week and I don't even get that lol. I'm proud to say my princess doesn't need him ever and she has a wonderful dad already. So going for sole custody for her and when me and the oh get married he will adopt her.

Csa are good for getting what's owed as long as they know where you are, they don't give up and do take legal action if the non resident parent doesn't co-operate x

you are not liable for your husbands csa, they do not take your money or assets into account, plus if you have children then his csa payments will be reduced, also if his children stay with you more than 52 nights a year then the payments will also be reduced, in both cases 15% for one child and 20% for 2 children. also until you have been married a year he would have no rights to your assets anyway!! speak to the csa and be honest with them. you may not feel that they are being fair but better to get sorted xx hth

Im really lucky in that me and my ex get on really really well.

We dont live far from eachother,hes always paid maintenence and more.He fits half the bill for uniform for school and half of all school trips.We even share passport renewl fees because we both take our son abroad on holiday!

We seperated very early on so for the first 3 years it was awkward but then got easier and now we are like siblings rofl!
Sounds mad and clients laugh at it but its great to have no arguing and no pressure from either sides.
He helps my hubby out with electrical jobs and weve helped him out with stuff too so its a great way to bring our kids up.
I also have 2 children with my hubby and they love my eldests dad!!

Funnily enough hes just come in the salon to go over some dates quickly so better budge!
x

Lol get this mine pays for my gal but dosnt want to see her what's that all about but she dosnt need him she has a good mum and a good dad my OH.

Ring CSA and they will tell you what's what but he does need to pay it because like otheres have said they will keep on and on and on xx

I have had only 2 payments through CSA for my Daughter in the past 4 years.

I really cant work out why they chase some fathers and not others.

My ex cooked the books to get out of paying any maintenance 16 years ago...never even bothered whether my son had food or a roof over he's head! Typically he turned up again when my son turned 18....and at present my son wants nothing to do with him...which is sad :(

Brrr CSA make me shiver. They are flipping useless. I went through them to get money from my ex who works on the side but claims unemployment benefits, I told the CSA but they aren't interested. I've given up trying!!
To the op, you're assets are not taken into account but I would advise that your husband contacts CSA and tries to arrange a suitable payment plan then at least you can stop worrying.x

Thanks for the help! Every one the thing that made me really angry is I know what its like to not see my dad regular and him not paying mum csa so I would go with out school trips and stuff because of it when I was younger..... and I have only just found out my husband has these debt by my mother in law, he kept that quite!

csa drive me insane my stepsons have lived with me and their dad since 1 and 2 years old they are now 7 and 8 we have had no contact from their mother or maintenance yet we get a threatening call at least twice a year from them to pay up!! am sick to back teeth of them not logging the details correctly

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks for the help! Every one the thing that made me really angry is I know what its like to not see my dad regular and him not paying mum csa so I would go with out school trips and stuff because of it when I was younger..... and I have only just found out my husband has these debt by my mother in law, he kept that quite!

Without wanting to sound like a horrid moo , this really isn't a good start to your married life keeping this from you I'd be having words with the husband and sharpish x

can anyone help me.as i have a son whos 4years old and his father has never given me a penny he hasnt worked for 7years(main reason hes lazy scard of not seeing his son much and paying csa) jobcentre offer only 5pound a week which is nothing tome is there anything i could do?x

can anyone help me.as i have a son whos 4years old and his father has never given me a penny he hasnt worked for 7years(main reason hes lazy scard of not seeing his son much and paying csa) jobcentre offer only 5pound a week which is nothing tome is there anything i could do?x

There is nothing you can do unless appeal their decision. You will have to have a good reason why.

They will work out how much income or benefits he has and then work out how much he needs to live on, bills etc and then how much he can "afford" to pay in maintainence.

The £5 seems to be the norm for non resident parents on benefits. The only way you will get anymore is if he returns to work and then they will take a larger amount from him through attachment of earnings order.

So unless your non resident parent is planning on returning to work £5 is really the only amount you will get untill he does x x

nails>3 i thought so it just disgust me how he cant even offer me a penny without csa im a single parent and as my sons getting older he wants and needs more and its hard.but im the mother and father to my son...x

I left my ex when my daughter was two, she is 14 this year and I've had £13.00 off CSA and not 1p off him since I left! Almost works out a £1.00 a year!
Shame on him and the CSA, not seen him either, find it hard to understand why he dose not bother with my daughter!
It's upsetting but she is better off without him in her life.

Latest posts

Back