Any ideas - lash extensions and tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

***juice***

Reaction score
This isn't for me as I don't do tanning and lashes but one of my friends does it as a mobile therapist.

She gets a lot of people wanting their lashes done and a tan done at the same time - as you're not meant to get the lashes wet for 48 hours (?) after the extensions have been applied she always says she can't do it in one appointment so ends up making two trips to peoples houses.

Can anyone think of/suggest a way of shielding the lashes when the spray is applied (without ending up with white rings around the eyes) as she says doing tan then lashes just wouldn't work due to the close proximity to the face/skin and the fact you sort of tape the lid open when you're doing lashes.

I have only just started offering these treatments mobile too.

As I've only just started I haven't had anyone ask yet. I read on here before the therapist did lashes first and then spray but didn't spray the face and the client was happy with that.

I can't think of any other way you can do there at one appointment. I was thinking about those wee eye foil coverings. I think they're used for sunbeds, although I think they would squash the lovely freshly applied lashes.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. More experienced geeks might have better advice.

Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

I have only just started offering these treatments mobile too.

As I've only just started I haven't had anyone ask yet. I read on here before the therapist did lashes first and then spray but didn't spray the face and the client was happy with that.

I can't think of any other way you can do there at one appointment. I was thinking about those wee eye foil coverings. I think they're used for sunbeds, although I think they would squash the lovely freshly applied lashes.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. More experienced geeks might have better advice.

Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

Lee Anns advise is correct, do the lashes and then apply the tan but dont spray the face,
the client can use bronzing pearls/powder to darken their face, hth

I have spray tanned a client after lashing them and sprayed their face with no problems. But I always cure the lashes with isopropyl alcohol after every set or fill. It has worked beautifully for me!

I have spray tanned a client after lashing them and sprayed their face with no problems. But I always cure the lashes with isopropyl alcohol after every set or fill. It has worked beautifully for me!

I have read a few replies where the techs from USA use this, do they teach you to use this in the USA during your lash class or cosmotology school ?
i am asking because i have looked up isopropyl alcohol and on a report i have read it states that it is an irritant to mucous membranes and eyes, and that it can damage the eyes,
and it is used for
antifreeze
vehicle/industrial solvent
if anyone would like to have a look i read this on www.inchem.org
it makes for some interesting reading,
so of course i am interested to know if this is what they teach you to use (no offence is meant by this question)

Latest posts

Back