Any mobile stylists ever been to creepy houses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny miles

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if any mobile stylists have ever been to any odd/creepy clients houses? Luckily i've only had one freaky experience which was when i went to do a mans haircut who said on the phone that he was disabled but when i got there he totally wasn't disabled & the house was like something out of 'silence of the lambs'! The only reason i entered the house was because it was summer & all of his doors & windows were left open & the neighbours on both sides were out in their front gardens...if it had been winter(dark nights) i would have just made my excuses & left...it was very creepy!!!x:Scared:

Omg! I went to do a consultation etc last night and the couple were very creepy! If you don't see anymore posts from me I've been murdered tomorrow!!! Help!!!

hahaa, oh but this man was odd odd odd, he had a double bed with a computer desk all set up next to it in the middle of the living room.....& it was filthy & smelly! The front door was already open when i got there & as i got to the front door he shouted to me to come in & told me he was in the living room(the one with the filthy bed in it). When i went in he lept off the bed & quickly snapped shut his laptop so god only knows what he was looking at!!!:eek:x

Oh dear :Scared: sounds scary...I make a point of not going alone to do gents hair, at the end of the day it's sad but true, there are some weird people out there, so I do ladies only, I don't mind cutting their husbands/partners hair if I'm there. I also give my hubby the address I'm going to and a rough time I'll be finished if it's a new client.

Well i changed my adverts after that, i no longer advertise mens cuts however like you i'll do clients husbands/boyfriends hair. Also like you, i tell my husband the address i'll be at & a rough finish time! There are some total nutters out there!!!lol x

Omg! I went to do a consultation etc last night and the couple were very creepy! If you don't see anymore posts from me I've been murdered tomorrow!!! Help!!!

LMAO!!! :lol:

I don't advertise to do gents hair either..I always call hubby on way in and get him to call me back in a bit. I leave address with him too and call the client as I arrive to get the lady to greet me at the door..
God Jenny I bet you were pooing your pants!!!! Lol

I do the same as above posters, I do mens/kids hair if its part of the family of a lady client, or if its say a male friend or something, other than that I dont do mens hair. I defo would not feel comfortable going to a man I had never mets house alone out of work, so why do it in work. I have been to a couple of realy skanky houses though, where you would not have a cup of tea if offered lol. xxx

well as soon as i realised that this was no 'normal' house i left my big hairdressing case against the open livingroom door so it wouldnt close & i also had an escape rout worked out(just incase)! lol x

I do the same as above posters, I do mens/kids hair if its part of the family of a lady client, or if its say a male friend or something, other than that I dont do mens hair. I defo would not feel comfortable going to a man I had never mets house alone out of work, so why do it in work. I have been to a couple of realy skanky houses though, where you would not have a cup of tea if offered lol. xxx
Oh god, talk about skanky houses...i've been in some houses were you actually come away with that 'skanky house' smell on your clothes! yuk x

deep fat fryers and fags - thats the nicest thing to smell of when you come away from a client, you have to make sure you have time to shower and change before the next client or they'll think you're a smelly!!!

Also pets!! I got bitten by a dog once, have been offered cups of tea when I'm sure the cats have licked the cups, once did a family who lived out in the sticks and had about 6 cats watching me from the kitchen worktops ( allergic to cats)

my first ever mobile client years ago that rang on my very new mobile phone was a man who sounded a bit creepy and when I said was it just a dry cut he said 'well unless theres anything else on offer' I laughed his 'joke' off nervously but made my husband ( then boyfriend) take me there and wait outside!! it was a large house in the countryside and he had gentle classical music playing and offered me a glass of wine when I arrived!!! - he was creepy but I cut his hair and never heard from him again, thankfully - probably wasn't his type!!:biggrin:

I do advertise mens cuts but I'm thinking of changing it after this thread, its such a 'close' job isn't it and some men out there may not have women running their fingers through their hair that often - errrgh! definately going to change my ads!!!:Scared:

Eww! This is exactly why I'm not bothering with a mobile service when I have qualified and gained enough experience to go on my own!

I'm sure there are lovely people out there too, but you can never be sure! Home salon for me all the way, that way I can make an appointment to suit me when the family are around if I think they sound strange (and you can usually tell!) Xx

I've had some creepy experiences in my time and in my own salon too so please don't think you'll be exempt just cos you've got your own 4 walls around you! lol...I have recently had to gently suggest that a male client go elsewhere as his appreciation of my shampooing was a little excessive shall we say!!! GROSS.​

Ah, this thread is now creeping me out! I've just started as mobile! What would you say is the ratio of normal:creepy? For every 100 clients you maybe get 1 dodgy one?

Personally, I only advertise gents clipper cuts but I try to arrange them when I'll be in the area/more than one person getting their hair done at the appointment. I'm not travelling for ages to get a fiver!

skanky houses lol! I can't believe some of the states people let their homes get in, i don't sit down in some of them and NEVER accept a drink, i have my anitbacterial hand gel in the car too haha. Do people just not see the dirt and skank that is all around them? ooh i would love to get Kim & Aggy on the case.

I'm liking the idea more and more of home hairdressing (my home) i found that I was doing a 20 mile round trip to do a £12 blow dry, so am now going to offer for clients to come to my house to save on petrol, it's just not worth it, after expenses there was like a £1 an hour profit, well you live and learn!

Luckily ive never had this problem, almost all of my new clients are recommended by friends or existing clients, i don't do dry cuts only cut and blowdrys, like most of you have said the only men i cut are the husbands / boyfriends of clients and my prices are little higher than others in the area so touch wood haven't attracted any undesirables as yet! ;-)

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

It's not just hair cuts, or men, a few years ago I was a taxi driver and will say straight of that 99% of my passengers were lovely, but that odd, very odd 1% well:Scared:
I picked up a fair from a well known 'bad' area one night, pulled up outside the house and flicked my lights at the window to let them know I was there.
No response and just as I was about to radio in that it was a no show, my rear doors flew open and 2 breathless men spilled in, really made me jump, they said they'd had to call from the phone box and I'd got there quicker then they expected. They were very rough looking but they sounded alright so I took them where they wanted to go, they made a few coments about not expecting a woman to be working nights etc and when we got to their stop they both got out and one of them said he'd be back in a minute with my money. Ten minutes later, I called it in, no pay. It having been a very slow night that was the last straw for me, so I said I was going home, called hubby, picked him up and went shopping. It wasn't until we put the shopping on the back seat that hubby found the 8inch very sharp knife sitting on the back seat. I recon if I'd been a bloke, I'd have been robbed at knife point that night. didn't stop me working nights, but it did teach me to keep my doors locked until I got a good look at passengers and not to pick them up unless I saw them coming out of a front door.:eek:

Oh my goodness, i would of been petrified, your very brave to of carried on working, id of probably been too scared, but like you say it is the small minority of people!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I live in a creepy witchy house. Have never had trick or treaters as there are no kiddies brave enough to climb the long dark hill up to my big, dark, creepy front door. My house scares the life out of my mother. I'm used to it though and don't notice how dark it is anymore. Ican appreciate how disconcerting it can be for visitors though.

I am still alive!! To be honest the client was nice.. Eccentric but nice! I have given myself a slap on the wrists for being so presumtuous and judgemental!!! :)

Latest posts

Back