Any rabbit experts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dollface2305-x-

Reaction score
I am looking after a friends rabbits whilst she's away for 2 weeks, for the past 3 days she's been fine eating normally jumping about then went to see them today she was sitting in the corner very still not eating any of her food she didn't want to come out into her run either which usually when I open the cage she hops straight out ... Just panicking a little as when I looked after one of her rabbits a few years ago it just sat there really still then checked on it the next morning and it was dead! Any rabbit experts out there? Sorry about the long message don't really want to have to take her to the vets unless I absolutely have too! [emoji235]

Did you pick her up?

If you're at all concerned, take it to the vet.

What did you agree with your friend after the last time you pet sat for her?

If someone was looking after my pets and was concerned, I'd rather they took them to the vet and I would happily reimburse them when I returned home but I'd make this very clear when making the arrangements.

If she's not eating, then take her to the vets.

Is she pooping? If not, another symptom.

"Gastric stasis" can kill quite quickly. (Rabbit's intestines stop working, I'm not quite sure how it happens but it results in death).

(I'm not a rabbit expert but I used to keep them many years ago).

I've had this with rabbits over the years please take it to the vets

So glad I took her to the vets they said she just had a bit of a chill she is now sitting in our living room on a chair with a blanket thanks for the advice guys :)

Aw get well soon bunnykins xx

You know I have a bunny n when I was out of town my aunt said he came out of his cage long enough to see if I was there and got back in. Rabbits are very sensitive and can die from stress. I would just try to see if you can pet the bunny and talk to it while you're petting it. It's just like a child when parents are away no matter how good you are they're just going to miss them. So I would try that

Ah thanks for the advice CeJ I will give that ago! Don't want them to come back from holiday now have become very fond of them both

No problem dollface. I love my bunny. I even took him to a school with kids. He wasn't there more than an hour and he was so distraught he didn't come out of his cage for 3 days. It was funny but sad. They're stressed easily

Latest posts

Back