Any successful Nail Techs who don't use CND L&P?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankie7

Reaction score
that are successful and DON'T use CND as there choice of acrylic/gel brand?

would just like to hear from you as I know alot of my friends get there nails done but it never seems to be CND and they're happy with the results and still frequently get there nails done.

Just asking because I want to train but every post I read seems to be that CND is the best, don't go with anyone else. The training is amazing ETC. (I completely understand this because I have had CND acrylic and shellac and the results are very good.) But if i want to learn everything it's £1995. Whereas a course at Sally's is £250 :sad: it's so tempting to go with the cheaper option!

I'd just like to hear from the professionals who don't use it and see how well they are doing.....

thank you

Denise wright is very successful and highly regarded in the industry and she uses nsi x

I use nsi acrylic and balance gels, have no problems and my clients are very happy.

But pease don't shoot me, but wanted to say I have changed a lot of my clients to CND brisa lite sculpting gel, because there is no buffing of the natural nail, but a couple still do and are 100% happy with my nsi products.

I've not tried CND l&p tho I have ordered the trial pack to see what to like compared to nsi.

:)

Hi.

I don't use acrylic or gel but didn't want to read and run.

I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to go with a company that's not considered the best in the industry?

In this life you get what you pay for and unfortunately where training is concerned this is very true. Cheap training means, cheap products and poor quality results, is that the kind of service you want to charge your loyal clients for?

If you want to be te best, train with the best, use the best and charge for the best. That way you'll be a happy and successful professional!

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear. Just my opinion. Good luck in your search x

There are many many many nail companies out there. No one can advise you better than you. Work out what you want from a company and from your Training and the answers should become clear

I'm sure many other brands are good and give good results but where training is concerned CND are the best. I've been the cheap training route but spent more re-training with cnd. My advice would be to train with which ever brand you choose to use rather than a Sally's one, as they will teach you how to use that particular product. Good luck x

I am a cnd girl and can't say enough good things about the training. But there are a lot of options for you in between them and Sally's. I have friends that have trained with Sallys and it was terrible. If you do a search on here there are lots of other company's that provide training. The only thing to take into account is that although cnd seem expensive you get all the products you need included in the price. Other courses may be cheaper on face value but you'll have to buy lots of extras. Hth x

Of course there are,cnd is not the only successful nail company.it just happens that the people who run this site also run cnd ;-)
There are hundreds of successful nail technicians that use many other brands.Denise Wright being one of them as already mentioned but crystal nails & nail gaga are both new companies that are already making a mark on the industry with there nail technicians.there are lots of good brands you just need to pick what suits you

I have trained with ezflow (working with for 13 years) and have never wanted to use anything else, great products, great colours, lovely to work with. There's other big brands out there, just personal choice on what you like and what works for you :)

I also went on the cheap training route and have spent a lot of money over the years. In 2010 I came across the brand Kinetics , which was founded by Margarita Belska. She is highly respected within the nail industry, and education cannot be faulted. I have not looked back since and highly recommend the training and products. Her nail art is also phenomenal .

Frankie, is it the travelling that's putting you off ?

Of course there are,cnd is not the only successful nail company.it just happens that the people who run this site also run cnd ;-)
There are hundreds of successful nail technicians that use many other brands.Denise Wright being one of them as already mentioned but crystal nails & nail gaga are both new companies that are already making a mark on the industry with there nail technicians.there are lots of good brands you just need to pick what suits you

I think Jan Arnold runs CND. Lol

But if i want to learn everything it's £1995. Whereas a course at Sally's is £250 :sad: it's so tempting to go with the cheaper option!

I'd just like to hear from the professionals who don't use it and see how well they are doing.....

thank you

To me these prices have a complete other effect, if the difference is soo huge, i could not possible chose the cheap training.

I don't know who can be tempted to chose a 250£ training, really?
Maybe if doing nails will be a hobby, yes, but if you wanna do them daily, th whole day, if you're absessed with getting better and better.... then the choice is easy....

I've trained with CND,EZ-Flow, NSI and Nail Harmonry - all training has been good - I wouldn't say one was better than the other. Each course was thorough, included the science and all offered assistance after the training if required. I personally chose to work with NSI gel because I preferred the product, and just because it's not CND doesn't mean the product isn't as good.

No they don't!

This site was set up by the nail geek in 2003, not cnd.

To answer the original question; yes, there are plenty of successful techs who don't use cnd and their fantastic products.

However a huge part of their draw for me was their amazing education - you won't get that for £250 in sallys :o its like comparing apples and pears.

I think you should call sweet squared and have a chat with one of their team to discuss your options.

Of course there are other courses, and as said above their training may be good. But don't opt for the sallys course. Yes its cheap, but you will not learn everything you need to know, or have access to any training provider should you later encounter problems. All depends on your market... Cheap nails at £15 per set, or higher end quality nails at £35 per set (this is my local comparison) . Id rather use better products, and charge higher prices. Xx

I agree with Margarita Belska option - highly known technician who has won countless awards. She uses Kinetics and her specialty is L&P - she loves it the most.

Personally I'd steer clear of day courses unless its like a gel polish course or Unless you've done them before and just looking at a refresher as its been awhile. I find it hard to believe you can do an acrylic or gel extension course in 1/2 days. I done a full NVQ and it look me 8 months of 2 days a week. I did around 10 full sets of acrylics using tips and sculpting and i was reasonably confident when i left ( I obviously learnt full mani,pedi ect as included in the NVQ)

If you have no training at all I'd recommend looking into a full NVQ course or a good long course where you get to do a good amount of training and practice with the help. that way when you finish you'll be confident to start straight away.

I totally believe that you need to start with good training otherwise you could just end up having to have more training as you are not confident on what your doing.

Hi I'm importing gels from Poland. They have really big choice of products at the moment I'm using Active and Modena nails. Much cheaper then here. I ordered as well products from naio website i think is good too. But I didnt try yet so i will let you know later. Definitly naio has nice staff for acrylic nails.

I'm offering at the moment acrylic and gel nails at student price £10. I have 18 colour to choose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a CND girl but I have used other products prior to my CND training. I have to say though I've learned huge amounts from Greg Salo from Youngs Nails on YouTube. He's an enthusiastic pro and I'd recommend you watch them (if you haven't already) If his videos are anything to go by then I assume the Youngs Nail training is worth it too. I fancy looking into their training too, when I have the time or money. Seeing his videos and others has opened my eyes up to what else is out their. I don't think personally there's anything wrong in dipping your toe into another pool. I'm sure it makes you more rounded, experienced nail tech because of it. Good luck, Wendy.

I am a CND gal too. But I have heard lots of great things about NSI, NAIO, and Young Nails.

I wouldn't opt for the cheap training option. Doing this always costs you more in the long run. Having to retrain and learn from scratch. I would do some research into which brand you think would work best for you and your clients and train with that company. You'll get better training and be able to ask specific questions realted to the brand you're working with.

Latest posts

Back