Any tips on how to speed up will be GREATLY appreciated!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Planky,

I have been reading your posts about opening your summehouse and things ao I am with you. I think the fact that your client wants to come to your home, and she already knows that your not open yet shows she isnt bothered aboutt he surroundings and just wants a nice treatment with someone who is professional. So I would not worry about this.

I always use cuticle away on my shellac aswell and I have a spray bottle with some scentsation soap in it and thats how I remove. Ive never had any issues with peeling off or anything. You might find this speeds you up.

I really do understand where you are coming from as I am not new to beauty or manicures at all, but new to shellac. And it takes me over an hour at times aswell. I unfortunatley dont have any tips for you but I would make sure your talking about colours whilst peping and dont get too distracted.

I too am hoping to have my own room or home salon some time in the future and I have been worrying about how I'm going to get my time down. But I think when you start doing them more and more often you will naturally get quicker. Sit and work out what you do in a set and what could you do to make you go even faster. Like getting two lamps will speed you up if you are polishing each hand in under 2 mins. Maybe you spend alot of time talking about colours, you could suggest to your clients if they want to have a look at the colours to go on the CND sit. As i know some clients seem to take forever at this part dont they?

I hope ive been of some help and once your summerhouse gets sorted put up pictures, I would love to have a look :D

i would defo use cutlie away i always do. have you thought about pre odering a taxi to pick ur son up after school i know it would cut a little into ur profit but if she a regluar client then it will be worth it and that way u could relax about ur client. good luck with ur client xx

Thanks Lolly and elliemay for your replies. I was using cuticle away, last night was the first time I did a dry PEP, I am as slow both ways Lol! I think I will try the tip of file, apply cuticle away, file the other hand, apply cuticle away then go back to the first hand, perhaps I wasn't leaving it on long enough so this may speed me up a bit as the product will be working even longer so should lift more up for me. I too use a spray of water and scensations.

My son is only 4 so no way he could get in a cab but thank you for the suggestion. It's going to have to be after school club, just need to hope they have space and if not, get my thinking cap back on :wink2:

Thank you so much for all your help ladies, feeling more confident now :hug:

I met up with the adorable Red last night and collected her lamp, such a lovely thing to do :Love:

But I've been thinking last night, if I'm that slow, will I actually need 2 lamps?? :lol:

But I've been thinking last night, if I'm that slow, will I actually need 2 lamps?? :lol:
I wondered that myself? I thought it only benefit people who were quick :lol:

Good luck Planky.xx

I met up with the adorable Red last night and collected her lamp, such a lovely thing to do :Love:

Well that's what I said in my post. It might come in handy towards the end as the topcoat is quick to apply. But with me being slow aswell I find that I'm never waiting for the lamp to go off anyway so wouldnt speed me up just now lol. Does that make sense?

Well that's what I said in my post. It might come in handy towards the end as the topcoat is quick to apply. But with me being slow aswell I find that I'm never waiting for the lamp to go off anyway so wouldnt speed me up just now lol. Does that make sense?

Perfect sense!! :wink2:

Hi

With regards to your set up I think you have had more than enough fantastic advice from the geeks here. I was just going to comment on your times. The other night I did a set of Hollywood Shellac on a lady with fantastically long natural nails. It took me an hour and a half. I apologised to her profusely for how long I took and she simply said I would rather sit here for two hours and have nails that look like this, than you try to rush for my benefit and give a poor service. As long as you explain that you are new to the business people are usually very patient. All the very very best of luck. I love shellac and btw always use cuticle away and a precision curette, sorry but together they just CANT be beaten.:Love: karen xx

Hi

With regards to your set up I think you have had more than enough fantastic advice from the geeks here. I was just going to comment on your times. The other night I did a set of Hollywood Shellac on a lady with fantastically long natural nails. It took me an hour and a half. I apologised to her profusely for how long I took and she simply said I would rather sit here for two hours and have nails that look like this, than you try to rush for my benefit and give a poor service. As long as you explain that you are new to the business people are usually very patient. All the very very best of luck. I love shellac and btw always use cuticle away and a precision curette, sorry but together they just CANT be beaten.:Love: karen xx

Thanks Karen. I'm not new to the business as such, am back after a few years break but have always been slow!! Lol! I like to be careful and give a really great finish but I could do with speeding up a little!! ;) It was more because the pressure was on for me to collect my son but I am trying to find alternative care for him on that day so then I can relax about it all a bit more :) xx

Hi, just wanted to say I had the same dilemma last week. It was actually a friend who wanted shellac done at 2pm and I too have to leave at 3.05 to do the school run. Everything was running smoothly until the doorbell went and I stupidly answered it and that was 10 minutes spent with our builder. In the end I had to leave my friend in the house whilst I collect her kids and mine :Look_righ:o. I only had the thumbs to do but I learnt a lesson there, give myself plenty of time, its not worth the sheer panic. Hope all goes well x

Hi, just wanted to say I had the same dilemma last week. It was actually a friend who wanted shellac done at 2pm and I too have to leave at 3.05 to do the school run. Everything was running smoothly until the doorbell went and I stupidly answered it and that was 10 minutes spent with our builder. In the end I had to leave my friend in the house whilst I collect her kids and mine :Look_righ:o. I only had the thumbs to do but I learnt a lesson there, give myself plenty of time, its not worth the sheer panic. Hope all goes well x

Oh no!!! Lucky it was your friend then! :)

Well a big WHOOP because the after school club have just called me back and have space for him on Friday!! Huge relief, pressure is off and I can hopefully persuade her to have her feet done now too as he'll be there until 6 :D Phew!

Fantastic news!! I think we all breathe a sigh of relief on your part! I particularly like your idea about getting her to have her feet done too :wink2:

As a one off why don't you use your ironing board rather than your dining table as you would be at a better angle to apply the Shellac, never tried it but it may be worth a go.

Talk to the hand :lol:

Nothing wrong with good PEP

Good luck on the day and be confident

This is exactly what I was going to suggest! Xx

Fantastic news!! I think we all breathe a sigh of relief on your part! I particularly like your idea about getting her to have her feet done too :wink2:

It was actually An*Gel's idea, I would take the credit for it but she'll hunt me down :eek:

Thanks for your reply ENVEE. I do usually use Cuticle Away but with Shellac it is recommended to do a dry PEP so there is absolutely no moisture on the nail plate. It was coming off easily, a few little stubborn bits by the eponychium and side walls but on the whole easy, just a lot of it!! Took forever :rolleyes:
If's its a new to you client I would always use cuticle away the first time then if she comes back religiously every 2 weeks then do a dry pep.
As long as you neutralise the cuticle away it will be fine.
With your client who has excessive growth then use cuticle away too.
HTH
Jen xxx

If's its a new to you client I would always use cuticle away the first time then if she comes back religiously every 2 weeks then do a dry pep.
As long as you neutralise the cuticle away it will be fine.
With your client who has excessive growth then use cuticle away too.
HTH
Jen xxx

I will do, thanks lovely :hug: xx

It was actually An*Gel's idea, I would take the credit for it but she'll hunt me down :eek:

Awwhh you know me too well miss planky... I want commission if she says yes to the toes :lol:

I'm so glad you have everything sorted now... well done to Red for lending you her new lamp, that was such a selfless and lovely thing to do.

I'm feeling the love on this thread :wink2: :Love:

Awwhh you know me too well miss planky... I want commission if she says yes to the toes :lol:

I'm so glad you have everything sorted now... well done to Red for lending you her new lamp, that was such a selfless and lovely thing to do.

I'm feeling the love on this thread :wink2: :Love:

Me too. Love this place and you guys, such a helpful, warm and fuzzy bunch :Love: xx

Latest posts

Back