Anybody with a navel piercing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammi_xxx

Reaction score
So i got my belly pierced for the 2nd time last year, I changed the bar when it was 4-6 months old as I thought it was okay to do so.
I bought a bar to small so was kind of irritating it a bit so i put a longer one back in.
I stopped cleaning it after about 7 months as I completely forgotten about it as I had no problems.

It has now been 11 months since I have had it done and it shows no signs of healing.
I went back to the piercer to get advice and the lady said it could be my body rejecting it or a matter of changing the bar to a Titanium one.
So I bought a bar from the piercer and put it in, this one is too long for me, not sure if she did that deliberate so it can heal properly?
Anyways as the bar is too long, it 'parks' to one side when I sit down etc...
Will this affect the healing ? It is not sore to touch or tender, the skin is just red around the bar and is starting to form crusts again. I am cleaning it with a salt water solution twice a day.
The bottom hole is fine, it is just the top :(
I'll post a picture!

I go on holiday next month and worried about the fact it could get infected due to chlorine etc...

Wirral-20120714-00017.jpg

Naval piercings can take a long time to heal as theyre essentially as surface piercing. Even after years they van grow out!

Persevere and keep cleaning regularly with weak saltwater.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Also buy savlon spray and spray it day and night as well as salt water. Try changing the bar again to a smaller one it could just be that the long bar is catching clothing not allowing it to properly.
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks guys! I don't want to change it again incase it gets irritated further :( its not catching on clothes, only when i sit down its worrying me the way it sits.
I used savlon spray the first time round and it gave me an infection x

Defiantly use a titanium bar, I had same problems with mine. Keep it as clean as you can i went to the doctors and they gave me some cream and it did the trick.
They do take a long time to heal, let us know how u get on x

Hmm I'm a bit worried as I had mine done three yrs ago and still get a tiny scab now and again! I wear a titanium bar and used the salon spray for months is this normal or not ? Thanks x

Hmm I'm a bit worried as I had mine done three yrs ago and still get a tiny scab now and again! I wear a titanium bar and used the salon spray for months is this normal or not ? Thanks x

Go back to a piercer hun to get advice, yours should be well healed by now x

This happened to me when I was 15, my body rejected it and I haven't had one since but still have a scar!

Defiantly use a titanium bar, I had same problems with mine. Keep it as clean as you can i went to the doctors and they gave me some cream and it did the trick.
They do take a long time to heal, let us know how u get on x

What cream was that hun ?
I have a Titanium one in at the moment
Also I have a lump next to the hole, i've looked it up and its either scar tissue from my first piercing, a keloid (which i hope it isn't, not sore anyways!) or a Hypertrophic scar x

Hmm think if I no the cream I'll go to docs :( hope I don't have to get rid x

Hmm think if I no the cream I'll go to docs :( hope I don't have to get rid x

Awww 3 years is a long time for it to heal though, I would go the docs or a piercer anyways if I was you x

I know when I had mine done they also recommended zinc supplements as zinc promotes healing might be worth a try as it's not something else to put on it!
HTH
xxx
🌸

I know when I had mine done they also recommended zinc supplements as zinc promotes healing might be worth a try as it's not something else to put on it!
HTH
xxx
🌸

Ohhh good idea thanks!! :)
xxx

What cream was that hun ?
I have a Titanium one in at the moment
Also I have a lump next to the hole, i've looked it up and its either scar tissue from my first piercing, a keloid (which i hope it isn't, not sore anyways!) or a Hypertrophic scar x

I think it was cream that only get from doctors, sorry cant remember name it was a long time ago, but go and see your local nurse at doctors they will advise you x

I think it was cream that only get from doctors, sorry cant remember name it was a long time ago, but go and see your local nurse at doctors they will advise you x

Ok I will hun, thank you :) x

Mine rejected after about 8 months. All of a sudden the skin got very thin and small and I went straight to a pierces who took it out for me. I've got a little cross scar but I've been putting solar oil on it and it's helping! I want mine done again but she said it will probably reject :( x

Mine rejected after about 8 months. All of a sudden the skin got very thin and small and I went straight to a pierces who took it out for me. I've got a little cross scar but I've been putting solar oil on it and it's helping! I want mine done again but she said it will probably reject :( x

If they pierce deeper and well looked after it might be okay
Mine is okay for now, plenty of skin holding it in haha
You should try Bio-Oil too x

Had mine done 12yrs ago and it did take well over a year to heal, think its just 1 of those things where different people heal in different ways. I did take it out towards the end of both my pregnancies and had to *cringe* force the bar back thru, but aside from taking ages to heal I've never had any problems. I would in the first instance go back to where you had it done, if she can't help you maybe see a gp or nurse to get advice xx

I was told to use hot salt water, as hot as I could stand it. Mine healed in a few months.

Latest posts

Back