Anybody with a navel piercing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had mine done 3 times and always had a problem. I think my body just rejected it, so after the 3rd time I just gave up. I've known of people who can't have they're ears pierced so I guess belly buttons are the same. I've never had a problem with any earrings of any type metal and had my nose pierced twice when I was younger and never had a problem.
I guess it was just not meant to be, now I just have a scar and lump and the waste of a couple of hundred pounds x

I've got my cartilage pierced and ears and they healed without a problem!! xx

Had mine done 12yrs ago and it did take well over a year to heal, think its just 1 of those things where different people heal in different ways. I did take it out towards the end of both my pregnancies and had to *cringe* force the bar back thru, but aside from taking ages to heal I've never had any problems. I would in the first instance go back to where you had it done, if she can't help you maybe see a gp or nurse to get advice xx

I went back and they told me to change my bar haha
I'm not bothered about it taking a while to heal, i'm worried about my holiday next month and if it will get infected :/ xx

I've got my ear lobes, tragus and 3 in my helix but naval piercing just won't work with me. Tried twice and both times they have 'grown' out.
Sad I loved my belly bling :(
Vicki x

I've got my ear lobes, tragus and 3 in my helix but naval piercing just won't work with me. Tried twice and both times they have 'grown' out.
Vicki x

Im hoping mine won't reject, the first time it got infected but this time, it is taking its time to heal, i love mine too! Looks great when your on your hols :) I got a Lizard belly bar I want to put in but I can't :'( haha
xx

I've heard that having a plastic bar (well its not plastic but I'm sure you know what I mean) helps as it is flexible so doesn't pull the skin and it's hypoallergenic.
I'm going to have another go with mine when it's not so fat :) and have the plastic
Vicki x

Vicki x

Did it hurt getting your helix pierced? I seen the photo you put on a while ago and think it looks cracking!
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

They won't pierce with a plastic one. I asked :( x

They won't pierce with a plastic one. I asked :( x

Thats a shame. The place I go to put the plastic one in straight after they pierce it.
They all work different though so I'm sure you will be ok :)
Vicki x

Did it hurt getting your helix pierced? I seen the photo you put on a while ago and think it looks cracking!

If I had had just the one it's a walk in the park but the three were done together so the second was an ooo ouch and the third did hurt. Couldn't have done 4 :)
Absolutely love it except it takes ages to heal. One is nearly there the other two completely healed :)
Vicki x

is it normal to be able to feel the bar inside? There is still enough skin around it but can feel the bar :( Hope it doesn't reject!
xx

If I had had just the one it's a walk in the park but the three were done together so the second was an ooo ouch and the third did hurt. Couldn't have done 4 :)
Absolutely love it except it takes ages to heal. One is nearly there the other two completely healed :)
Vicki x

I've been wanting two for ages but might just get one at a time lol im a wimp with pain lol i can feel my bar through my skin have done for the 4 years its been done and it doesn't look like its going to reject any time soon so it should be ok :)

is it normal to be able to feel the bar inside? There is still enough skin around it but can feel the bar :( Hope it doesn't reject!
xx

I can feel my bar and I've had mine in for years :D I did have an infection when I first had it pierced I think the bar they used was a little cheap thing so as soon as I could I changed the bar to a gold one and just kept cleaning it with Savlon spray and salt water It cleared up soon after and has been fine ever since

Ahhhh thats okay then :D thanks xx

Trust me if it was rejecting you'd know about it! Mine did and it was super painful!

I had mine done a few years back now. Both me and my best friend had ours done the same day... She walked away in agony. I walked away not feeling a thing. She had alot of problems with hers goofing scabby and didn't heal well. Mine healed within the first few months and had no problems. We are all different, your body maybe taking longer to heal because it's the second time around the same area, just clean it regular and try to avoid touching it and playing with it.

Recently done some piercing training and your belly button can be one of the most in hygienic areas of the body due to it being covered a majority of the time. And sweat. And fluff from clothes

I have my top and bottom of my belly done, the top is fine but the bottom is a ***** and you can see the scar as to where the hole has moved, will post a picture. There is so little skin left i can not wear a bar as it flips over from the weight.

My friend had the bottom of hers done and it was the same - she'd had it about 7 years and all that was left over the bar was a tiny piece of skin. In the end it grew out, it just fell on the floor one day (which also happened to my tragus, but that's another story haha).

Pinkbunny28 I had mine done when I was 12 and it grew out, I then had it done again when I was 13 and it's been in ever since so you mite be ok if you had it done again

Pinkbunny28 I had mine done when I was 12 and it grew out, I then had it done again when I was 13 and it's been in ever since so you mite be ok if you had it done again

I think I will try again as I have a really cute turtle I want to wear! Lol x

Latest posts

Back