Anyone been to Bulgaria, sunny beach?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley Blakemore

The Beauty Room
Reaction score
We are going in september but my husband has now turned around and said he doesn't want to go! He thinks its rough & doesn't want to go away on holiday in fear we are going to get mugged etc.! We have checked with thomas cook & its a no go, unless we want to loose our money!! Has anyone been and what did you think of it?

Hi :) I went in a few years ago and we had a brilliant time! It's a really lovely place! I think anywhere you go on holiday there is the risk of been ripped off or robbed but if your careful you will be fine!

Oh god I cried the whole time there never ever again go honestly there was a lot of kids begging one wee girl wouldn't let my arm go and we mum was watching and lots of dodgy people trying to change money honestly gives me the chills to think of going there again lol obviously everyone is different and some people will love it but not me we go to salou every year and love it we go day trips to Barcelona x

I went a few years ago with my husband and teenage boys, I and the boys had a great time but my husband was not keen. Go with an open mind there were people begging but you get that in England lol and muggings. You should be careful where ever you are in the world these days xxx

I went two years ago and it rained the whole week so much for sunny beach :( we went as an 18-30s Hols so not to sure what its like for families

We are going to sunny beach in September as well! What dates are you staying?

We were a bit apprehensive aswell, but I've heard a lot of good reviews recently about he place. Yes I believe it's a bit rough out with the resorts (where isnt?) But just be careful, don't attract attention to yourself and don't carry valuables around with you. Then you won't be a target. Xxx

That really wouldn't put me off at all. There are beggars all over the world.I got recently back from Los Angeles and never seen as many beggars and homeless in my life. I still felt safe,you just dont go to the rough areas.

Odoslané z GT-S5830i cez Tapatalk 2

I went to sunny beach back in May and loved it! Didn't see any begging/crime/corruption what so ever but saying that we had our 1 year old with us so we were back in the hotel room by 8/9 ish. My boyfriend wasn't that keen on going as it had been sold to him by friends as being a bit 'booze cruisey' but he loved too! I think a holiday is what you make of it tbh. Saying that I did get stung by a little jellyfish that messed up my calf for 5 days but apparently it's really rare for them to be that close to the beach. Lucky it was me as I had my little boy in my arms and was dipping his feet in the water! Anyways I would highly recommend it 😄

Thanks everyone! My husband is finally looking forward to the holiday, after reading him all your comments & thinking about it logically he isn't so worried now & we have a 3 year old so we wont be out partying til late so we should be ok! I was worried that i would have weeks of moaning about the holiday but hes fine! Thanks

Oh Chicunique we are going on the 9th to the chaika hotel flying from manchester. When/where are you going?

We are going in september but my husband has now turned around and said he doesn't want to go! He thinks its rough & doesn't want to go away on holiday in fear we are going to get mugged etc.! We have checked with thomas cook & its a no go, unless we want to loose our money!! Has anyone been and what did you think of it?

My friend has just returned and said she had a fab time! She said you have to be a bit open minded about it but there's lots to do (and beer is apparently VERY cheap!) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My friend has just returned and said she had a fab time! She said you have to be a bit open minded about it but there's lots to do (and beer is apparently VERY cheap!) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

This true a HUGE glass of beer is 1lv which works out to be 45p! Shame I don't drink beer! Also with the area being somewhat new when it comes to tourism, the independent restaurants are not very savvy when it comes to portion control of their meat! You get massive steaks etc so cheap in Bulgaria, which was perfect for us as the all inclusive hotel we stayed at did skimp on this, so yeah if beer and steak doesn't convince hubby I don't know what will 😄 have fun!! x

Hi :) I've been 2 sunny beach an it was beautiful :) there kan b some rough parts as ur being driven in to the complex u will see them but u have no reason 2 go out of ur complex as everything is there :) also the shopping is AMAZING! Jewellery, shoes and clothes, and they do last very well :) xx

There was a middle page spreak in the Sun a few days ago about Sunny Beach sadly it was called "Vulgaria"
My daughter and her boyfriend went a few years ago and loved it but my sister and her partner went in June and said it was ok very touristy, very loud and dirty now they are in their late 40's but far from old fuddies they drink and like to party and could possibly drink all my teenage daughters under the table lol
So it's not because of their age they said that, they felt it was turning into Magaluf type of place with loads of disrespectful drinkers.

They hired a car and ventured out into the surrounding countryside and said the people were really nice, there were some beautiful cafes and very reasonable priced.

So I think it really depends on what type of holiday your after.

I brought a house in Bulgaria about five years ago.

My place is near a town called Kazanlak and the area is known as "The Valley of the Roses" as they grow the roses for rose oil. It is surrounded by the Balcan mountains and is a very beautiful area.

In comparison, sunny beach is the tourist resort and can see why it was compared to Magaluf. Unfortunately they tried the quick route to tourism and thought the best way was to go in for the clubs, english pubs, chinese restaurants etc.

This said, the beaches are beautiful and the hotels Ive stayed in when we ventured into Sunny Beach have been lovely.

The Bulgarian people I have met over the last five years I have found to be hard working, trustworthy and very kind people and I hope this is your experience when you go and you have a fantastic time

H xx

Hi :) I've been 2 sunny beach an it was beautiful :) there kan b some rough parts as ur being driven in to the complex u will see them but u have no reason 2 go out of ur complex as everything is there :) also the shopping is AMAZING! Jewellery, shoes and clothes, and they do last very well :) xx

Oh my god im definitely going with an empty case then lol

Latest posts

Back