Anyone getting healthy/dieting/detoxing in January? Support!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyExtensions

Reaction score
Hi Guys!!

Just want to know if anyone is trying to get healthier or lose weight for 2015?

Want to create a sort of support and "go to" group to help each other. Personally I am very happy with my progress so far and getting more toned by the day! Eeekk!

Emily xxx

Sent from my A1-830 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm currently trying to shift 61lb which unfortunately I cannot blame all of it on my pregnancy!
Hoping that it will be gone by august, at least most of it.

I'm trying to follow the 'alkaline' lifestyle! I don't need to lose any weight, but I have quite a few health problems, so I'm attempting a more 'holistic' approach to treating them.

I'm loving the Honestly Healthy book, it's been really inspiring but I feel like I spend at least two hours a day chopping vegetables. I don't eat meat, so it's been fine from that perspective, but cutting down on dairy has been hard!

I just have no idea where to start with exercise :/ My only exercise at the moment is walking up the Tube escalator!

Me! I'm back on healthy eating and so far so good👌! I'm not following a plan as such, although last year I was a rep for juice plus so still got all that info in my head and still got the shakes products so basing most of my stuff on that plan but allowing myself some stuff I wouldn't have been on the plan - if that makes sense haha!

Trying to stick to 1200 calories a day, and having mainly fruit and veg .. A fruit smoothie for breakfast followed by a soup made with all veg .. Then a healthy dinner :) so far I've lost 4 lbs since Tuesday and people say they're already noticing the loss on me which makes me more motivated!

I even made a 'Takeaway' meal last night with chicken tikka and spicy rice -
Amazing 😍!!!

I'm on day 9 of the 30 day shred. Feel myself getting stronger and ready to move up to level 2 on Wednesday. I'm not overweight, I need to tone up and have an awful muffin top and stubborn belly fat. My diet is relatively healthy but I could do better.

I've just started Slimming world again and have lost 3lb in my first week. (Not great but it's a start!)

I previously lost over 2.5 stone with SW but since getting married 2 years ago I've put it all back on!

I'm on a mission to get it off by July for my 30th birthday 😁

I've been following a nutrition plan for the past two weeks and the changes in me have been amazing! Feeling so much healthier and full of energy every day! Will show you my progress!

Cant wait to tone the rest of my body now!! Even my skin is glowing!

:D:D

Xxx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1421079878542.jpg
    1421079878542.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 1421079916489.jpg
    1421079916489.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 148
Best thing i can recommend is bootea! Their 14 day detox is great, i must admit the 28 day one is hard and I'm now trying their shakes as just a little cleansing boost and they are lovely!

I've been following a nutrition plan for the past two weeks and the changes in me have been amazing! Feeling so much healthier and full of energy every day! Will show you my progress!

Cant wait to tone the rest of my body now!! Even my skin is glowing!

:D:D

Xxx

......if I looked like you on "day 1" I wouldn't bother doing anything!! Lol x

Been on it since Tuesday and lost 5lb so far 👌!

Ps Emily you already looked amazing ! I'm jealous xx

I do calorie counting and its the only thing that's ever worked for me! Gone a bit off track in the last 6 months and now have a stone to lose!

It's good if calorie counting works for your weight but it might mean you are limiting your nutrients so your body can't repair itself properly so be careful counting calories :)

Can sometimes cause your metabolism to slow so you don't keep the weight off. Let me know if anyone needs help with any of this :) I'm a pro at nutrition haha xx

I started 2 weeks ago, I've been going to the gym in the evenings, and eating better. Can def see an improvement already!

Well done to everyone getting in shape!!! Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1421756469.934346.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1421756469.934346.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Day 17 of Jillian Michaels 30day shred. I'm getting fitter and stronger but my problem area (belly) has barely changed. I'm not eating totally clean but my diet isn't that bad, there was still Christmas food around but now there isn't I'm doing more to eat better. After this I think I'm going to try Jillians 6 weeks to abs (I think it's called) next.

When is generally the quietest time at a swimming pool? I'm so hopelessly unfit that I'm worried I'll get in the way of people who can actually do a length without huffing and puffing! I was thinking mid-morning?

Mid morning is usually quietest at ours although it's hard to find a time there aren't any classes on. It's so hard not to find excuses at the moment, it's too dark to run outside, there's not enough room to exercise in the front room, I'll wait until my son's naptime.....I know I do it and I need to stop! :lol:

I'm still doing well on going to the gym. I haven't loss any weight but i feel good and alot better in myself. I do classes body pump, spinning and bums and tums. Every week. How's everyone else doing?

I dont know where to start i have no motivation! Im not big but i am getting a flabby belly and im so sad!!!
Is the honestly healthy book good? Has it got a lot of meat free recipes? Xx

Latest posts

Back