Anyone got any good garlic prawn recipes that dont include bbq

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock chic

Reaction score
Hi all
Just wondered had anyone any experience in cooking garlic prawns for starters. having dinner party sat night and would like to try this know they are lovely on bbq but dont have one at the min so it would have to oven or grill, also does anyone know of anywhere that sells nice tempura prawns without having to make my own anyone tried marks and spencer ones? :hug:

Try these ones xxx

Ingredients

• 250g (9 oz) butter
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • juice of half a lemon
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • half a bunch fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1kg (2 lb) medium fresh prawns - shells removed with tails attached, and deveined
Preparation method

1. Preheat oven to 230 C / Gas mark 8.
  2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and parsley. When the butter melts completely, remove from heat.
  3. Arrange prawns in a shallow baking dish. Pour the butter mixture over the prawns.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the prawns are pink and opaque.

Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
50g/2oz butter
12 large raw prawns
2 garlic cloves, crushed
salt and freshly ground black pepper
small handful parsley, chopped

Method
1. In a wok or a large pan heat the oil and butter. Add the prawns and garlic and stir well.
2. Stir fry until the prawns are pink (about 4-5 minutes).
4. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and scatter the chopped parsley over. Serve at once.

thanks sarah have you made thses yourself they do sound lovely.:hug:

Try these ones xxx

Ingredients

• 250g (9 oz) butter
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • juice of half a lemon
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • half a bunch fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1kg (2 lb) medium fresh prawns - shells removed with tails attached, and deveined
Preparation method

1. Preheat oven to 230 C / Gas mark 8.
  2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and parsley. When the butter melts completely, remove from heat.
  3. Arrange prawns in a shallow baking dish. Pour the butter mixture over the prawns.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the prawns are pink and opaque.
Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
50g/2oz butter
12 large raw prawns
2 garlic cloves, crushed
salt and freshly ground black pepper
small handful parsley, chopped

Method
1. In a wok or a large pan heat the oil and butter. Add the prawns and garlic and stir well.
2. Stir fry until the prawns are pink (about 4-5 minutes).
4. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and scatter the chopped parsley over. Serve at once.

yum yum yum...what time are you serving dinner Sarah :hug:

I am just a little experimental lol

I have applied for masterchef next year!!!! lol bet I bet booted out first round. xx

Yes I have made both. xx

I am just a little experimental lol

I have applied for masterchef next year!!!! lol bet I bet booted out first round. xx

Yes I have made both. xx

Well if they boot you out...you can always come stay with us :hug:

take a handful of prawns and a bottle of wine.
open bottle of wine.
pour a glass of wine and take a few sips.
chop up some garlic, 2-3 cloves.
take some more sips.
bunch of parsley, and chop up, sprinkle over prawns and add garlic, half a lemon squeezed and half a red chilli chopped.
take some more sips.
leave the prawns to marinade for at least 20 mins, plenty of time for that second glass of wine.

heat a pan with a tiny bit of oil, stir fry your prawns until they change to a pinky colour.
add a tablespoon of butter, stir around, season (slurp).
add a 2 tablespoons of double cream and shake the pan, add to a plate and serve with some yummy bread.....and some wine.

now I feel daft as Ive just read the recipe above. d'oh!

Aloha!!!

I went to Hawaii last year and had the best shrimp dish from the back of a shrimp truck - I bought a couple of jars back and it's fabulous for shrimp all types of fish and shell fish, port, beef, chicken and vegetables and can even be used as a topping for pasta mixed with a little butter.

Chop and mix with olive oil the following:

1 garlic
juice of half a lemon
1 table spoon granulated garlic
pinch salt
1 tablespoon cane sugar
1 teaspoon worcester sauce
1 tablespoon white wine
fresh rosemary finely chopped
half teaspoon black pepper
red pepper finely chopped

add olive oil approx 1 cup and shake well!!!

YUMMY!!!!

thanks guys they all sound yum!!
hippy chick love the way you wrote makes me relax reading it honestly i will give that one a go!:hug:

Latest posts

Back