Anyone know any good kick start diets?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say Slimming World is simply the best!!!

It is all about a well balanced diet and apart from your A and B choices which are mainly your Cereals, Breads, Milks and Cheeses there is no weighing or measuring of any of your main meals through-out the day. It is all about eating the food you like until your confortably full and then as and when you feel you need to adding in that extra bit of excersice even if it means just parking the car a bit further away from work than you would normally or taking the stairs instead of the lift!

We all know that in-order to lose weight we need to eat a balanced diet and excercise a bit and Slimming World teaches you how to do this and helps you to change your whole eating habit for life. It even encourages you to have a treat now and again (cause we all like to treat ourselves don't we!! ).

Our biggest problem when we decide we need to lose weight is we want to lose those extra pounds as of yesterday and are not happy if we don't lose x amount in a few days. But reality isn't that easy and I truly believe that if you eat healthy and take your time to lose the weight then you will keep the weight off, so long as you really do change your eating habits and not go back to your old ways as soon as you get to your target.

I got to my target 14mths ago and have been able to maintain my weight loss and this is due to me changing our cooking and eating habits. Slimming World is fab!! And no I'm not a rep of any kind I just think it's the best as I have really tried them all!!

(sorry for long post)

when biggest loser uk on tv started in jan this year it really kicked my motivation into gear, I've battled with my weight for years, my start weight in january was 14 stone 1lb & my end weight in april was 11st I've since put 1stone back on & biggest loser uk starts on tv again next week so I'll be starting my diet again x

Dukan diet x

the dukan diet is amazing and really works!! i sometimes only do it for about 3 days at a time as i only need to lose a couple of pounds but i swear by this diet i lost half a stone in less than 2 weeks!

the dukan diet is amazing and really works!! i sometimes only do it for about 3 days at a time as i only need to lose a couple of pounds but i swear by this diet i lost half a stone in less than 2 weeks!

Slimming world, I started last week and lost 5lb, I have done it before and after you initial big first week loss expect to lose a couple of lb a week. It's normal healthy, no fad plan, it teaches you what is good for you to eat and what's not so good.

I have been reading this thread with interest and still cant decide which diet I'm going to do.

I just can't understand Slimming world, it doesn't make sense to me so I just cant' do it. I did well on Weight watchers when I did it last year but they have now changed things and as I am unsure of the new rules & how it works I don't know if I want to try it.

Anyone out there know how the new WW points are worked out? Just wondering if it is going to be harder to work out than their old way.

I don't tend to get along with any diet that says x, y, z are not allowed - if I'm not allowed it then I must have it :rolleyes:

That's why the word diet will always feel restrictive and set most people up to fail.

Try sticking to real food. By that, I mean food that is not processed (full of hidden fat and sugar, as well as salt). Choose food that appears on your plate as natural as it was born so to speak.

Hope that makes sense!

As an aside, the only time I only lost weight properly and felt clean inside is when I started researching carbohydrates and how they affect our whole bodies. As a nation we consume many times more than our bodies actually require, therefore being stored as fat. When I reduced mine to a more realistic level I obviously lost weight, my cellulite went and my mood was so much better. I was calm and content.
Sugar is poison to me, it makes me retain water and feel like crap as well as pile on the pounds.

I have done some of my own diet research and, after hearing great things, I am about to start with Slimming World on Saturday.
I know the girl who takes the class and she has lost 5 and a half stones in one year and looks great.
I've tried them all before.........Pills, Shakes, Weightwatchers, Scottish Slimmers, Diet Chef etc etc ...........THIS WILL BE MY LAST EFFORT.
Honest :grr:

Latest posts

Back