• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Salon Geek and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Anyone need a part time nail tech?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenniS

Reaction score
Hi All

Not sure if this is the right forum to be posting this or not, I'm sure the mods will let me know if not.

I qualified back in July this year as an l&p nail tech using Creative products. I've since been practising like mad on friends and family and would say that I'm pretty good now, even if I'm still a bit slow.

I'm looking for a position as a part-time nail tech - I already work in the City (not beauty related) 3 days a week, but I would be free on Fridays and Saturdays and possibly some Mondays.

I'm not looking to make an enormous amount of money, but rather to gain experience by working in this environment, as I want to become an expert at what I do and there is nothing like experience, however how do you ever get anywhere if no-one is prepared to take you on because you don't have experience!! I'm a mature woman who is following a passion for nail enhancements, I'm sure there must be some salon or nail bar out there that may some need help over the busy Christmas period?? I'm based in the Essex area so would be good to hear from anyone that might be able to help.

If all else fails, I'm pretty good and making tea and answering the phone too!!!

Thanks for reading.

Jenni
x

Hi Jenni

Just wondering if you have any experience with gel products?

x

Hi Charley

Only extremely limited I'm afraid, thinking of doing a conversion course but obviously would take a while for me to get up to speed using gel.

I should have mentioned that I do other treatments though, spray tanning, eyelash/brow treatments and have also recently qualified in Nouveau eyelash extensions. However, I'm really looking to gain more experience with nail enhancements. Shame, as I think you are not too far away from me.

Jenni

hi ya,

wheres about in essex are you based?

good luck with everything

kels xx

Hi Kels

I'm based in Brentwood but I'm happy to travel.

Thanks for your kind words.

Jenni
x

Ahh thats a shame Jenni i do really need someone who is experienced with gel extensions unfortunately.

Good luck with everything though Im sure you will find something!:)

charley
xx

Hi Jenni,

I have seen an advert for a nail technician in Chelmsford. It was at a tanning/beauty salon in the town centre. I will see if it still there tomorrow.

Rachel x

Thanks so much Rachel, that would be great.

xx

i have a nail bar being unused at present in my newly refurbed salon....you may be interested?

Latest posts

Back