Anyone NOT got facebook!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
All i seem to hear about is facebook! I don't have any social sites, how many people have been successful advertising their business without it? X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

me !!!

Not a personal one or business ( shock horror!!)

However may have to face the fact that i need a business one.

Everyones posts i've read have said its been the best form of advertising but i'm really reluctant to make a profile! X

Hi, I am so not a facebook fan. I made a proper business page, and needed to be on it to manage it, so I thought I would make myself a personal page and not use it, but unfortunately, clients tried to like me (only used my name, no pics no info). Tried to explain that I wasn't really using it, but in the end, I took myself off, and gave myself a pseudonym and use that to run my page. It has worked well for me, and my FB business pag works well - have just put a post for mothers day and sold a voucher over the phone within 10 mins. Some people - a lot of them clients - eat, live and breathe FB, so maximise it!!!

I've only just literally got facebook since starting up my business!

I don't have facebook. I just don't 'get it' but I'm old. I find word of mouth works best. :)

Thats what puts me off getting it i don't want a personal page just a business page. Surely theres ways of good advertising apart from facebook!??? X

Facebook is a fantastic business tool and I totally get the whole not wanting a personal profile but its so worth setting up one just to get the business page up and running.

You can share so much information with clients, run offers, share pictures and all so much easier than constantly updating websites etc. plus when people engage with posts on business page it shows up on their friends timelines so further extending your reach. You don't need to add friends to your personal profile and you can lock it down so people can't add you as friend or message you etc.

But I would 100% recommend utilising a great networking tool that's free!

Facebook is a fantastic business tool and I totally get the whole not wanting a personal profile but its so worth setting up one just to get the business page up and running.

You can share so much information with clients, run offers, share pictures and all so much easier than constantly updating websites etc. plus when people engage with posts on business page it shows up on their friends timelines so further extending your reach. You don't need to add friends to your personal profile and you can lock it down so people can't add you as friend or message you etc.

But I would 100% recommend utilising a great networking tool that's free!

Do you advertise in any other ways? I really really do not want facebook lol x

I have a website and twitter..as well as leaflets etc but honestly Facebook is the easiest way to share info and pictures.
If you think about how many of your potential client base will be on Facebook it would be madness not to use such an easy tool to engage with them.

Is there a reason why you are against having it? I just think its important to think with a business head and not the fact that people post about the mashed potatoes they're having for dinner! You don't have to have any of the personal stuff or friends, literally just a blank profile page and just use the business page then so you won't see any of the head wrecking stuff!

Its caused a lot of arguments and problems between me and my partner in the past so we both decided to never go on it again. I had a website but nothing was really happening so i got rid of it, i'm not too good with the whole SEO side of things lol x

All i seem to hear about is facebook! I don't have any social sites, how many people have been successful advertising their business without it? X

I have a Facebook page and I swear it really is worth it! I think it's silly not too, it's free advertising, and look at how many people use it! I'm not a fan of Facebook for personal use, but I would be lost without it. I get so many bookings and recommendations through it, and I post a lot of pictures of my work, offers, anything really.. I would seriously considering setting a page up, along with word of mouth, social networking is a fab advertising tool.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Last edited:
If its something you're against then fair enough...but that's why I'm saying think with your business head :hug:

If you set up a private profile, take the add friend and send message function off and literally have nothing on there, no friends etc then there's no reason for it to cause a problem.you don't even have to use your real name.

It makes sense to have a business page....:lol:

I dont have a facebook page for personal or business but i am definately considering it as i think im missing out on a huge amount of opportunities for example when i told my spray tan supplier i haven't done as many as i thought the 1st thing they said was 'Have you got a facebook Page, it really helps' but the truth is i really don't understand the ins and outs of how to go about it. I have logged in with my email and password just so i can go on the sites of all my suppliers and see their offers posts etc, but i definately dont want a personal one - just one with my salon name to show stuff and like someone as said i didnt realise you didnt have to add friends functions etc. i thought that was the whole put so if anyone can explain what to do that would be great :?: I see on other sites people ask questions about appointments which im not keen on either its not very confidential x

Yep if you don't want to add friends then you can remove the function as far as I remember....or just don't add anyone. Don't even use your real name!

If people ask about appointments I always have just said to drop me an email to discuss further or make a booking...I don't have conversations with clients on it, it's purely a tool to advertise, share info etc.

I probably gain 2 new clients solely from facebook every week (which doesn't sound alot but for very little work, and for free it has a good return) we also get indirect referrals from face book as well.

I find our regular clients see something they didn't realise we did and book in! We can fill cancellations quicker, and we are generally getting our name about a bit quicker.

I probably gain 2 new clients solely from facebook every week (which doesn't sound alot but for very little work, and for free it has a good return) we also get indirect referrals from face book as well.

I find our regular clients see something they didn't realise we did and book in! We can fill cancellations quicker, and we are generally getting our name about a bit quicker.

Sounds a good idea to me - be daft not to really, i just need to work out how to do it :eek:

I don't have facebook. I just don't 'get it' but I'm old. I find word of mouth works best. :)

That's pretty much what Facebook (and any social site) is doing for business though - it's word of mouth, just on a massive scale, and where you can get involved in the conversation. It's worth a try if you haven't already

You should consider Pinterest which is also an effective social marketing network.
It is easier to use and to upload pictures.

I love Pinterest but I don't think it is as engaging as Facebook..you can't quite get the same connection with clients...well and good for sharing pics but its a bit lost in the mire and I find I flit between pics without really taking note of who owns the page or whatever.
I think with Facebook it is more directly engaging, you can build local contacts and friends of friends etc see the page so you can increase reach. You can also monitor insights and see what's working for you.

Latest posts

Back