Anyone noticing a downturn in business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
I must admit I haven't been advertising that well due to personal reasons but I am struggling financially at the moment; have quite a lot of bookings in but not right now, when I need them most.

Anyone else experiencing a lull?

I worry it is the credit crunch.

Also gone a bit quiet, do have bookings, but have noticed people book for a new set of nails, then when they arrive decide they dont need them, just infills, or book for full set, then only want basic file and polish. Also cancellations or put appointments off.
Have also noticed several new people advertising in the area, so that could also be a reason for downturn in business, although still have regulars, but some going longer between visits.

I have to be honest and say that i haven't noticed a slump at all..infact i am busier this year than i was last year. I think there are lots of things that women cut down on first before stopping having hair, nails and beauty things done...i have had ladies tell me how they have cut on food shopping and other things but wont stop having their nails....:lol:

If i was you i would try your best to get some advertising done....."treat yourself to some pampering....look after you...." those sorts of things....get nails on as many people as possible as word of mouth is advertising is free.

best of luck x

Strange how it varies from area to area and treatment to treatment.

I have seen an increase in manicures and pedicures and a decrease in enhancements. People are treating themselves, but are afraid of committing to the regular maintenance cost of nails.

Yes I have noticed a definite difference in the past 2 months.

My Tuesdays are usually fully booked from 2-8pm sometimes I work till 9pm to squeeze another client in. but over the past 2 months its gone from clients to 2 or 3. tomorrow I've got 2 booked in.

Some clients are eeking it out for an extra 2 weeks between clients, but I still have my regulars that book in weekly/fortnightly/monthly without fail.

If you look around at the advertising in magazine and on the tV, it mentions 'inflation beating' or 'beat the credit crunch' so for them to be mentioning it in ads (Morrisons and tEsco spring to mind), then it must be noticeable to other industries too.

As Bagpuss says though, there is the flipside, where people are seeking out treatments to make them feel better.

It always gets a little quieter this time of year...people are skint from the holidays etc, and they are probably thinking about xmas.
Tbh, I have not noticed being any less busy than this time last year.
I have only lost one client due the 'credit crunch'.

The last couple of weeks have been quiet but picked up again last week
I was starting to worry as the work coming in was just covering staff wages let alone rent and everything else. just have to ride the storm best we can
and have a busy christmas.
so many shops in my town are closing it is very scary.:Scared:

I've not had any decrease either, if anything I'm busier! Other businesses in my locality are moaning about downturn in trade, but to be honest they moan every year...this year it's the credit crunch, last year it was increase in parking costs, the year before it was the duke shutting one of the castle gates....! I often think they ought to look a bit closer to home for why they're not doing so well!!

Latest posts

Back