Anyone tried gelac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I get 3 EXTRA clients a day - I'm not sitting in an office making this stuff up. I run a busy, successful salon and the LED light has enabled me to do more clients per day than I used to do with a UV lamp. The LED lamp is not a necessity, Gelish cures perfectly in a regular 36W UV and many Shellac users have discovered that Gelish also cures perfectly in the Shellac lamp.

I charge exactly what I would normally charge for a full set of nails because with Gelish they are getting a superior product and quality that lasts. The same I assume is true with Shellac, so why on earth would you charge less money for saving people time? People love that it's quick and don't even question the amount of time taken or the price. To nick a phrase from a well-known hair product ad "Because its worth it".

I seem to recall that, despite condemning the use of inverted moulds for acrylic application, CND brought out their own in the form of Poppits and then raved about the new speed of application and the fact that as clients were receiving a quality product and a high quality service the price should be the same. I see no reason why a time saving device like an LED lamp should be any different.

Time will tell, of course, as opinions will probably alter once CND bring out their own LED lamp.....

I don't work in an office thank goodness, but if you are going to give out information, at least make it have a sembelance of truth about it. You give completely incorrect information re inverted moulds, PopIts and CND.

Inverted molds are not the same thing as PopIts and secondly, Popits are not made , produced nor have anythng at all to do with CND.

I haven't ever dissed LED lamps .. who knows, if there is any benefit in it CND may make a gel that will cure with LED, but I'm sure they considered it when making Shellac and decided it was not really worth it ... I am just saying that I don't see the REAL benefit of using LED or that they are in anyway superior to normal UV lamps at doing the job of curing the product. As I have said, I'd love the idea of using one for doing demos (I can see the benefit there for sure). I LOVE trying new things but it is something that does not move me to want to have one just now and for the high price of them I wont be rushing to get one. I've worked it out pretty carefully (in my office lol) and I would not save the time that is being promised unless I was doing a repair.

You are right, I do charge the same for a full set of PopIts as hand done nails, and I can do that because the client is essentially getting the same thing faster, BUT Shellac is a colour coat and clients see that as similar to Polish and will only go so far with the money to get their nails manicured and polished or they will choose to stick with what they know and can do at home with conventional polish. They love the extended wear of Shellac and the no dry time, and will pay extra for that, but it is a fine line between doing it at home and paying for it and on a regular basis. So far so good and I think the price is about right at 28€. I certainly would not get a L&P full set price for doing Shellac nor would I expect to. I think if clients were asked to pay 28€ for an in and out service that took 15 minutes they would balk at that. In fact I know they would. As for paying the same as for a full set of acrylics?? No way would they do that. Our clients would query the price and this is in a very high end salon extremely busy.

So that is my well thought out opinion which does not concur with yours .. but that is my right to use my own intellect, and experience and come to my own conclusions. I do try to give well-thought-out advice and honest opinion and I think most people know that and I know they trust it.

Good For you Gigi, Im glad you stood your ground there and I for one trust your oppinoin and would come to you for advice, as i've noticed hundreds of other professionals have. You go girl xxx

Hi have been using Gelac for about a month now and think its a great product. :) Looking forward to the warmer weather to include the french/color in with the pedi's. Clients love the quick drying time and the mirror finish. xx

Latest posts

Back