Anyone tried Vani T Velocity Ultra Dark?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up getting the tan done properly rather than just my tummy, too impatient. I have to say the colour is gorgeous. Left it on for a couple if hours and got a gorgeous colour (prob about same as my profile pic) I have very fair freckley skin so I'm not into mega dark tans. This is probably as dark as I like it to be and got loads of compliments today on the school run :) I also tested it on a girl who normally wears velocity over night, she washed this off at 3 hrs and it was about the same as over night with regular velocity. She is going to leave it on overnight next week :)
Guide colour is a bit darker so remember to not go by the colour when spraying as it is meant to be darker xx

I m the same, love a natural tan!
So would say on that basis 3 hours for roughly 12%? C

I forgot to take a pic at the 4 hour wash off, colour similar to an 8%, will def take one at 24 hours x

Definitely buying some of this! Just worked out I've done 12 tans with my bottle of velocity (not the new ultra dark the original one) since I bought it, just measured what I've got left & I've still got 550ml :o so I'm only using approx 35ml per tan! was umming & arring about changing tan because of the price..... but not a chance now because I've never got this many tans per litre :D

p.s - ive just uploaded a pic on 'show us your tan' thread of vani-t left on a pale client for 2 hours, looks lovely! x

I sprayed 2 clients today, both will leave the ultra dark on overnight. Looking forward to pics from them and will post them on here. x

I sprayed 2 clients today, both will leave the ultra dark on overnight. Looking forward to pics from them and will post them on here. x

Looking forward to it. Be interesting to see cx

I forgot to take a pic at the 4 hour wash off, colour similar to an 8%, will def take one at 24 hours x

Will get quite a bit darker - at 4 hour wash off you can expect the final colour (which with Velocity is Day 2) to be around the 16% mark.

Just to add, at wash off no real colour was present. So don t be disheartened !!! X

Isn't it funny how tans work so differently on different people. With Velocity Original, I don't have hardly any colour at 2 hour wash off but it quickly kicks in.

With Velocity Ultra Dark at 2 hour wash off I had a cracker of a tan line (probably equivalent to a 10% tan) and then it continued to deepen.

:D

This was taken 14 hours from spraying, the colour guide left for 2.5 hours before wash off. I haven t seen her but she said it was darker than the picture shows. However she said maybe she would have preferred a little darker. I personally think the true darkness with rapid tans are not achieved until the following day. I will be buying a bottle!! Cx

This is definately true. Velocity in particular achieves it's full colour at 48 hours from application. The DHA tan will be at full colour at 24 hours however, Erythulose kicks in at this point and deepens the tan for another 24 hours.

It is important with wash off of Velocity to use only water and literally just wash the guide off - a quick 2 mins in the shower will do the trick.

Also, there is no need to leave Velocity on for longer than 4 hours. I have tested this literally a gazillion times and tests reveal that the colour of Velocity washed off at 4 hours or left on overnight is the same at the 24 and 48 hour mark. Therefore, leaving it on overnight does not make it go darker. It is a true rapid tan. Clients leaving on for more than 4 hours are only going around with the colour guide on when they don't need to.

Last edited:
Right 24 hours after application here is my 4 hour tan and a random arm shot, the pic is pretty true to real life colour, i rhink its a really lovely colour-I would be happy to go a little darker than this so hopefully i'll see some more change over next 24 hours!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348306352.973515.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348306352.973515.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 203
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348306454.895501.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348306454.895501.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 230
Right 24 hours after application here is my 4 hour tan and a random arm shot, the pic is pretty true to real life colour, i rhink its a really lovely colour-I would be happy to go a little darker than this so hopefully i'll see some more change over next 24 hours!

Yeah, I wouldn t day that's a 15/16% would you? X

No, I'd call it a 12, but the vani-t 12% liquid sun was more like a 10% to me, I've be been using nouvatan recently which is darker than what I'd used before that so I wonder I'd I'm just used to seeing a dark tan from lower percentages? I hope it darkens a bit more though as a lot of my clients likes little darker than this. I have to say though it's possibly the most natural colour I've ever had from spray tans!

As promised, here is Emma who was sprayed last night and showered off this morning. I think she will go darker, so will try and post another photo today/tomorrow. Not as dark as we both expected, but let's see what happens later!

Attachments

• IMG_9620 (2).jpg
    IMG_9620 (2).jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,817
How much is this for a litre bottle xxx

As promised, here is Emma who was sprayed last night and showered off this morning. I think she will go darker, so will try and post another photo today/tomorrow. Not as dark as we both expected, but let's see what happens later!

Again, not a 15/16 % yet. But I m sure like you say it will darken x

Ok so the natural light has changed but I could swear I'm getting darker now..here's this morning (24 hours) and now, 30 hours development..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348329323.296636.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348329323.296636.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 121
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348329340.118878.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348329340.118878.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 192
Ok so the natural light has changed but I could swear I'm getting darker now..here's this morning (24 hours) and now, 30 hours development..

Yes, you are getting darker!

Here is my 2nd lady that I tanned... naturally an olive skin tone.

Attachments

• image_1348328013212587.jpg
    image_1348328013212587.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 767
My thoughts exactly, lovely xxx

Little update, my tan looks pretty good almost a week later-I sprayed a girl last night 10pm and she only showered at 12pm this afternoon so 14 hours? Anyway she is proper dark! Def more of a 15%, I didn't expect it as I didn't think leaving it on over 4 hours would affect the results but it seems to have. Fortunately she is going clubbing this weekend so is happy enough ;-) it does look good although maybe a little too dark for her skin tone.

Latest posts

Back