Anyone used Dashing Divas with Shellac and not been completley happy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemzj

Reaction score
Completed a few today and I am just not sure, it seemed the dashing diva was raised abit, if that makes sense, so when applying shellac it seemed to dip slightly and not have that flat effect through the nail, when applying DD on its own and using there base and top coat it states to buff the DD before applying base and top but do we still do this wth the use of shellac just on the DD because you shouldnt buff at all with shellac? does this make sense, sorry if it doesnt xx

Hi i have my nails done this way at the mo, I did buff the DD and they are great and smooth as normal. I have done 7 minx, a pedicure and 2 infils today and they are still perfect.......
Persivere!!

Hi i have my nails done this way at the mo, I did buff the DD and they are great and smooth as normal. I have done 7 minx, a pedicure and 2 infils today and they are still perfect.......
Persivere!!

ok fab thanks - i will know for next time, i will buff the dd from nowon it makes sense, and will make it smooth to the nail too xx

I buff DD before shellac but not to make it smooth, jus. To remove the shine from it. Only on the DD though. Not on the natural nail. I find on nails wiu a longer nail bed Dhallec smoothes it out so that you don't feel the bump. On a shorter nail you can still feel more of a bump. This could be something I'm doing though.

I love DD with Shellac. Esp negligée, although that could be because I don't have Romantique yet.

Hi there

I have to admit I tried DD with Shellac on myself and on a client (who specifially requested it but I told them I couldn't guarantee the result) and although the result looked lovely, it started peeling at the sides after a week. I'm not saying that that was the product - it could very well have been me, although I did exactly what everyone on here recommended to me, and they just didn't last. I decided not to do it again, and to stick to using one system at a time. Ok the smile line was crisp using DD, but since I have done a fair few French looks with Shellac alone and I much prefer it - quicker too x

Hi there

I have to admit I tried DD with Shellac on myself and on a client (who specifially requested it but I told them I couldn't guarantee the result) and although the result looked lovely, it started peeling at the sides after a week. I'm not saying that that was the product - it could very well have been me, although I did exactly what everyone on here recommended to me, and they just didn't last. I decided not to do it again, and to stick to using one system at a time. Ok the smile line was crisp using DD, but since I have done a fair few French looks with Shellac alone and I much prefer it - quicker too x

hi, can i just ask what adhesive you used, I have found that the adhesive included is not that good and im gonna try the gelbond. Abi

I use gel bond or Mercia, which ever I put my hand to first. I used the one in the kits and the all came off in 24 hours!

I love the DD with shellac, it looks great and I have had no problem using the DD adhesive ..................

I have to say, I had no problems when I used the DD adhesive either but I just prefer GelBOnd and tend to use it exclusively.

Latest posts

Back