Appalling service from Babtac and Abt insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilCheekyMonkey

Reaction score
More of a rant then anything, so just bare with me!

So it's 5:45pm I've finished work and I come home to call at least one of the above insurance companies, to discuss setting up a policy with themselves.

I get through to a recorded message (on each company) that tells me 'our offices are now closed please call back between 9am and 6pm'. Babtac are all apparently still on their festive break until the 2nd of January.

Now I've just started out doing Gelish nails and all I want to do is get some insurance!

I've left a message for them to call me back, but I am already peed off. I work in a contact centre full time so now how these things work and know that we have to stay on the phone until 8pm, when we close and in some cases I don't leave until 8:30pm because of calls.

Hopefully if they call back it'll be a different story, either way I think ill be raising a complaint. :/

What I'd like from any of you Geeks is,
1: possible reassurance from you guys.
2: some other insurance company options.

Any reassurance or assistance would be very, very appreciated! :)
Thanks xx

I'm with salon gold and was able to set it all up online x

Set mine up on line with ABT. No problems at all.

I did salon gold online x

Thanks for the quick responses guys. As much as it's easier to do it online, I have a lot of questions that I'd like to ask abt/babtac and any insurance company. As a newbie I want to make sure I get 100% the correct cover.

It probably sounds silly but I work in the insurance industry so know how awful it can be! Lol

Most places charge 20% ish more for phone insurance, im not sure what could be achieved in 15mins anyway, insurance co's have looong scripts. Do it online, its cheaper all the policy info is there and it takes 5 mins for a standard plan.

Salongold are cheap

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did my nail insurance with ABT online aswell , no problems and very quick service to re-issue your certificate when you add on further training courses HTH

Laura x

Okay so if I do it online what do I need, I know I need public liability, do I need anything else?

I'm mobile and do manicure and Gelish. My educator advised that I can do the exact same thing for Gelish mani in a pedi too. Though I'm probably going to do a more In depth course. X

I am with ABT, last year they were fine but with my renewal this year I thought there were unimpressive.

There were a few hiccups and I thought their customer service wasn't very good at all. They didn't send me an updated certificate and when I questioned it, they said it's because I hadn't paid for postage but I can email you one if you want.. kind of thing! I display it in my salon so yes I want a hard copy! Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anywhere on the website that said you had to pay extra for a hard copy. After questioning that they sent me one that took about a week to get to me.

I wasn't particularly happy with how they handled it or how long it took them to respond to emails etc, so probably won't be going with them next year.

I too very appalled with ABT!! Have used them for couple of years. But I do find each time I come to renew with them there is always a complication. Each time they want copies of mine and all my staff certificates although they already have them. Then when I do get the insurance certificates through theyve either spelt names incorrectly. Got the wrong year on. Sent to the wrong address, Or have treatments missing. My last renewal I had to ring and email at least 7 or 8 times and I received 4 or 5 wrong insurance certificates. 2 were sent to the wrong address. 2 had treatments missing off them. And another had wrong name. Next time I wont be using them again. Unhelpful. When calling pass you on to 3 or 4 different people to discuss the problem 3 or 4 times. Just re thinking about it all makes me feel tired. Never again. Xx

I did mine online with ABT, with no problems. Communication was all via email with fast response times. Never spoke to anyone .I've never had any problems with receiving my scratch mag either.x

I've been with ABT for 2 years now and have always found them to be extremely helpful, polite and efficient. Also at renewal I was automatically sent a new certificate free of charge - have they recently changed their policy on charging for them?

Most places charge 20% ish more for phone insurance, im not sure what could be achieved in 15mins anyway, insurance co's have looong scripts. Do it online, its cheaper all the policy info is there and it takes 5 mins for a standard plan.

Salongold are cheap

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm cheeky, I often do an online quote then phone up to confirm it :lol: They never charge me the phone price as I already have a quote, plus I can check with a real person that they have all my details down correctly!

(This is for car/home insurance, I'll soon be taking out my first insurance policy for treatments)

I'm with ABT and have been for about 4 years. I even got a call from them to say its due for renewal. I had forgot. They rang again to remind me I still hadn't paid it, it was a busy time for me then, so did it there and then.

I've not had any problems, always found them polite etc.

I haven't had any problems with them. I just paid my premium today.

I went to do it yesterday but I wanted to double check that my qual was definitely insurable by them. I'd already filled in the whole form but didn't pay. I sent them a quick email asking if they accepted my qual because they were closed so couldn't call. I haven't yet received a reply to my email but someone did call me this morning after seeing I hadn't completed the registration so I asked all my questions then and paid over the phone, they even honoured the online only discount code I'd applied.

Obviously, I can't give much more advice as I've only been insured with them for about an hour but, from the dealings I've already had, I'd say they were a good company to go with!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Dear LilCheekyMonkey,

Really sorry to hear that you feel we have let you down. We wanted to come on here and apologise and also clarify a few things for you.

First, thank you for letting us know about the Christmas message; only a few callers are hearing the message, but we are aware there is a problem and are currently working with our engineers to fix it. As yet, they are struggling to identify the cause! Can you please confirm which number you called on so that we can log this specifically with them?

Our current office hours are 9am to 5pm, although this is currently under review. If anyone would like to post on the thread and let us know what hours they would find useful for us to open, we will add this into the review as well. As an alternative we also offer online renewals, although unlike other companies, we do not charge more for personal telephone support via our helpline. Sorry that you haven’t been able to get through however.

The issue with the telephone system has also unfortunately corrupted some of the messages left this week; can you let us know your name so that we can ensure you are definitely on the call back list? Can you please email us on [email protected] with your best contact number and the time you would like us to call at your convenience? You can also outline your concerns and we will do our best to answer them.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and welcome your feedback; we would love to have you as a member but appreciate we have let you down.

Kind regards
Kelly Ramsay
The BABTAC team

Thanks geeks for the responses they've been very helpful.

Kelly @ Babtac I will PM you.

Just all rather frustrating when all you want to do us get insurance, so you can give people fantastic nails!

Does anyone know how long it should take for me to receive my bits and bobs on email?

The lady I spoke to on the phone said I'd be covered from today and would receive an email but I haven't received anything?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did my nail insurance with ABT online aswell , no problems and very quick service to re-issue your certificate when you add on further training courses HTH

Laura x

Agreed. Same experience here.

Latest posts

Back