Appointments versus walk ins?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juliet-P

Reaction score
I'm just curious... if somebody needs a full set or a fill of gel nails for example or L&P... do most people make an appointment or just do a walk in?

Because I have always just walked in without making an appointment and so far never get the same person doing my nails... it's kind of annoying because I didn't get the same person who did a better job. I never bothered to make an appointment because they told me "it's not necessary".

Do you guys just walk in or make an appointment each time? I'm just curious :)

I very rarely get a walk in.. if I had to depend on them I'd be out of business... I have a lot of repeat business, so usually my clients come back to me every 4 weeks so I'm usually booked out for a good few weeks in advance.. bad for the poor walk in client, but great for me:)

I'm just curious... if somebody needs a full set or a fill of gel nails for example or L&P... do most people make an appointment or just do a walk in?

Because I have always just walked in without making an appointment and so far never get the same person doing my nails... it's kind of annoying because I didn't get the same person who did a better job. I never bothered to make an appointment because they told me "it's not necessary".

Do you guys just walk in or make an appointment each time? I'm just curious :)

Hi Juliet

And welcome to the site.

In my salon most clients make appointment to ensure they get the nail tech they prefer to do thier nails. Although we do have quite a few walkin clients and when this is the case they get which ever tech is avilable at that time.

So you see if the client like the work of a tech then she will make the appointment to ensure she gets the tech of her choice.

Hope this helps

Hi

I work from home so its always by appointment only.

To be honest if i wanted the same person every time i would pre book my appointments with that person to save disappointment.

As a technician I prefer to know my schedule so all clients pre-book their next appointment for months ahead.

As a client I can see the advantage of just walking in BUT ---

If you want a certain time and a certain technician, you loose that choice as a 'walk in' client. You take what you get when you can get it. If you want to choose your ideal situation you have to prebook.

Many salon owners don't want you getting chummy with a certain technician in case the tech leaves and tries to take you with her .. they like to pass you around so everyone can get their hands on you and you can get used to different technicians. I was such a salon owner.

All my techs did a fantastic job and I wanted the clients to know that and to experience it ... the result was that if a tech moved on from my salon we very rarely lost a client.

Of course if a client was adamant that they wanted one tech only then they got her but never for repairs. Our junior tech always did all repairs which was good practise for her and good for the clients to see that even though the junior she could do an excellent job. When the junior moved up n the ranks, clients were not afraid to go to her and already respected her. It worked very well.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to book an appointment from now on rather than walk in. :)

By the time someone has been to us for their 3rd or 4th rebalance we have found out what day/time suits them best and offer to book them in every 2 or 3 weeks at the same time on the same day. (2 weeks is the norm tbh)

This anchors a regular, habitual time and place for the client which she is unlikely to forget and we advise them that this will be 'their' slot until they cancel or wish to have their nails removed for some reason.

Not only does this help the client - she doesn't have to remember to call for appointment, or decide when her nails need to be rebalanced or get frustrated and annoyed when she can't get the tech or time she wants, it also helps us enormously to keep the appointment book organised and it is a fantastic way to ensure the client continues with her service on a long-term basis.

You know clients do love their nails and very often it is something trivial, but frustrating, that causes them to give their nails 'a rest', you should never give them a trivial reason, help them by keeping them 'booked in' and let them tell you when that appointment doesn't suit.:)

(Of course ther are always some exceptions to the rule and that is when we have to be more flexible with clients who are not good at 'regular':eek:)

Latest posts

Back