Apprenticeships

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alice bebb

Reaction score
Hello I'm so stuck right now I've done level 1 hairdressing and I want to do level 2 but my college say I can't do it cause I've got dyspraxia and I won't need able to manage with cutting. But I really want.to.do level 2 because I want to be a mobile hairdresser should I try another college or.do a apprenticeships please help.!!

I'd try another college, I'm not a 100% sure about dyspraxia but I'm pretty sure the college should be offering you support in completing your qualification rather than turning you away. Speak to several different colleges and find out if they off any support.
When I trained as a beautician there were people who were given additional support to pass the course and they all did well.
Do you feel like your dyspraxia will affect you cutting hair? If not then I think you should still go for it x

Well I just have to practice a lot and if I do I will be able to do it X

How discriminatory of them!! SO many hairdressers are dyslexic and dyspraxic and they manage just fine! Its not like youve got advanced parkinsons and will suddenly jerk your scissors into someones eye! That is really awful that they have turned you away for this, can you imagine the state of things if everyone with some kind of difficulty/disability wasnt allowed to be educated?! Shameful.
Im not dyspraxic but im clumsy as f*ck always dropping my comb but never have I caused any kind of harm with my scissors or any other kind of equipment because I make sure to be careful. It is something you learn as you progress you become subconsciously much more careful with equipment around eyes and the face in general.
Kick up a stink and take your custom to another college if you can! In the meantime maybe practice some exercises to improve your coordination, computer games, hula hooping or juggling, riding a bike etc are all great skills that really improve your spatial awareness!

They said I couldn't do level 1 but I did so I wanna prove them wrong and it's making. Feel like I'm thick !

Hi , I did 2 years college and another 2 years on the floor training ( because I looked wrong) . To be honest I still look wrong ,I hold my scissors differently to other people and look cack handed . But I am a great colourist andmost of my colour clients want me to cut their hair as well .Cutting isnt the only option in hairdressing but it may take you longer to get there .

Do the level 2 and if you struggle to complete that module, oh well! Just be a hairdresser that can do everything but!!

Can u work In a salon with just a level 1 like blow drying ???

errrrmmm Equal opportunities act!!!!!!! That's is so wrong that college are saying that!!!

There's a very successful hairdresser from my area who has one arm. Don't let it stop you

I might apply then cause my friend applied and she didn't have to have an interview X

There's a very successful hairdresser from my area who has one arm. Don't let it stop you
That's awesome! How do they do the hair? I need 2 arms for everything? Do they use an assistant?

Following him on twitter I'm he's amazing ! Xx

Latest posts

Back