Approaching Hair Salons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairchild

Reaction score
I have set up a beauty/holistic salon at home and I am keen to approach the hair salons close by (without beauty rooms) to see if I can drum up some business from the stylists and technicians. You must get this a lot? What have been the offers that have made you act? Discounts? Samples? Recommend a friend? Your thoughts/insights/advice would be very much appreciated

I'm trying to think of positive advice to give you. The reality is that stylists are concerned only with their clients and their own commissions. I drum into mine that they should use their "airtime" with the client to promote their own products and services.

That said, there may be friendly non profit seeking hairdressers around you.

I went into 3 hairdressers around me about a month ago and left some leaflets. I have found that they are recommending me and the hairdressers haven't even been to me. I wasn't expecting much from it but it worked.
I sent an email out to a number of schools and nursiers in my area giving a discount and I have had a booking from one nursery for a staff pamper party.
Also I did a leaflet drop in March and that has been amazing, my best form of advertising and it only cost me £69 for 5,000 leaflets the hardest part was walking around posting them, the last 2 weeks have been that busy I haven't had chance to deliver anymore.

Thanks both. I was actually thinking more of the hairdressers themselves becoming clients (and obviously, if they then recommend - that is another bonus). Glad it worked for you Kezza, did you give them an offer or just promoted your business? Hairdressers, like therapists have such an intrinsic interest in fashion and beauty that they seem to be the ideal target audience.

We have cards in our salon for a local beauty salon and if anyone asks we recommend them. We have had freee treatments over there so we can tell people how good it is! Likewise they do the same for us, they hand out our cards to people looking for a hairdressers, and as they all use us they can recommend our service, I find this works really well for us :)

Thank you for your reply. As I work solo I could not offer a salon too much business for myself but as my client base increases..... I do believe that local businesses should try and support each other and hopefully I will find others that agree :0)

Latest posts

Back