Are Saturday girls needed in nail bars?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsR

Reaction score
Now I have a 9-5 MOnday to Friday job I really would love to find a Saturday girl friday type job in a nail bar to learn all aspects of a nail bar and gain confidence, etc and leave the evenings in the week for my mobile stuff but does a job like this exist in nail bars. Obviously I am not 16 years old anymore so I would be a mature girl Friday :lol:

this is something I thought about doing as well on a part time basis to gain
some experience and improve my time. I changed my mind because
although the experience of being in a salon environment would have been a great learning tool I wanted to continue using the products I was trained with.
So please keep me/us informed about how you get on.

sorry I cant give you any advice on the subject.

i thought about doing this, a couple of hours a week just to give me salon experience and get used that stream of clients that being mobile i don't have.

i contacted a local salon (advertising creative) as they a had Nail tech/Beauty therapist wanted sign.
i called them and left details, i was called a week later by the owner and quizzed over my ability to do nails didn't want to know much about the beauty.
when asked about how long it takes me to do a full set i answered approx 1hr 30/45 depending what i am doing, she then said that unless i could do a full set in 1hr there was no point.

good luck hun, hope you get on better than i did :hug:

i got a job one day a week (friday) in a salon doing nails. This was last october/november time. It has been the best thing i have ever done and it has helped me immensley with my timing.
I feel much more confident and am starting to gain alot of clients now.....i have even started to work every other saturday as I am fully booked on the fridays. I know i need to improve in certain areas and working on people each week help me to concentrate on improving in those areas.
The only down side to this I have is that i work on my own...apart from hairdressers who cant really help me or guide me to where i have problems....but that is where this site comes in.
I wish i could do more but i can only do this around my other job and the kids...but hopefully one day will be able to give up the other job and just do nails.....I cant wait for that day to come!!!!

Nikki

Try asking around the local hairdressers and see if they would be willing to have u work one day a week renting space....

Nikki

Try asking around the local hairdressers and see if they would be willing to have u work one day a week renting space....

Manicures and pedicures I'd be happy to do but still not confindent or good at L&P's though!

Manis & pedis are great for hairdressers as the clients love them during colours and the such..... Its a great way to build up clients.....

Go ask away xx

Hi
I got my start in my local hair salon.. I was having a cut and colour and they had lost their nail tech ( boss's ex wife...lol) and the phone rang for a nail apt...
they said sorry we have lost our nail tech.. I was waving my arms like a fool... he turned to me and said.. just a moment.. I will put you onto one of my clients.. she is a nail tech... I felt like screaming ... vomiting all at the same time.. I had now done a set in over 12mths as my baby was only 8 mths old... well the rest is history.. the ladt phone my boss back after i had done her nails and told him that they were the best she has ever had and he ofered me a job!
I work my own hours and change my days to suit my family It is great...
Why not ask your hair dresser and any that are local to you and see if they will give you a few days trial.... good luck hun.... and the only way you are going to get better is to do more nails..
I booked all my friends and family in for full sets so that people saw bum';s in the chair and that made them want their nails done as well.... i offered them weekly buff and polishes or infills depending on how their growth was and then my regular clients started to book...

i wasnt very confident either with my l+p when i started...i think my first set on my first shift took about 3.5-4 hours and i cried when i finshed and said i wasnt going back....but i made myself and now I am 100's time better and quicker. The sooner you start doing them regularly the quicker you will see the improvement in the nails and time.....i still see an improvement in every set i do...which is what keeps me wanting to be better at it.
xx

Thanks everyone x

If you find one, its very good experience, but be prepared to be confident and to work hard!
Goodluck!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back