Are you a workaholic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautygirl1977

Reaction score
I think I may be! I'm getting more obsessed all the time!
I just can't seem to switch off. I went to the shop last night after midnight for my appointment book.
I'm dreading being off so long over the holidays!

I think being on salon geek & still replying to clients facebook messages at 11.30pm means the answer to this for me is yes! Even on my days off I still have my diary in my handbag & my work phone on me!

Yes, I am. And it causes not a few Paddington Hard Stares from my humsbums.
I've lost any ability to relax, and any time not spent working resulting in self flagellation with guilt.
It's not good, and my poor body runs on adrenaline and cortisol.

I am in my new other job, and find I run on adrenaline due to either excitement or stress. Wonder how long I can keep it up for!

I am! 100%! I work full time, then come home and work at the computer to 1 am! Then I take Ipad to bed and reasearch something for about half and hour.. I feel really bad and depresser on quiter times.
I don't feel tired at all, I guess it's because I love what I do.

Yes, I am. And it causes not a few Paddington Hard Stares from my humsbums.
I've lost any ability to relax, and any time not spent working resulting in self flagellation with guilt.
It's not good, and my poor body runs on adrenaline and cortisol.

I'm exactly the same!! X

Glad I'm not the only one! I just woke up and I feel ready to go to work! Don't think anyone wants beautifying at back of 2 in the morning! Lol! Oh my poor new husband! X

Me to, people are texting and ringing me on a Sunday I've got up and went into my beauty room making sure everything is ready could of easierly started work and this is at 5.30am
Not in my oncey though hehe x

Glad I'm not alone! 10 hr days at salon then on comp at home researching constantly, I even take a notepad and pen to bed and have lists to remind me of lists lol x

Yep! Me too! Even sat on the sofa I'm researching on my Ipod, checking my facebook page, tweeting piccies lol! First thing I do and last thing I do is check all emails and FB from my bed lol! x

Yes totally hooked. Im so lucky I love what I do, makes it feel less like work. I stay up stupid hours researching and crunching numbers.
If I'm not cutting it - I'm thinking about it ;-)
xxx

Yes, totally obsessed......I'm actually making lists of what I want to get at the show in MARCH!..

I know I'm lucky to feel this way , love going to work...Pity the poor sods who have to go into a workplace that is totally depressing and demoralizing for them.

Absolutely.

"So do you have any hobbies?"
"This is my hobby!"
"So you don't do anything else?"
"When I'm not working on clients, I'm trying out designs. When I'm not trying out designs, I'm researching products/techniques. When I'm not researching, I'm buying new kit. When I'm not buying, I'm doing my own... and when I've exhausted all of that, my boyfriend gets some attention!"

xxx

I am hooked on my business!!

Always on salongeek, fb, all the advertising sites I've registered with, looking at videos, new designs.

Only thing is I do have a full time job which I have to go to every morning
and I dread it! I sit there all day on salongeek!! Lol

Waiting for my time when I can wake up in the morning to having clients and do what I enjoy best "nails!!" 😃

Lynne,I so know what you mean I am exactly the same and never switch off :)

I am!! Totally! I work in a day job, spend all my time on salon geek and then come home from my day job spend the night researching & advertising! I sometimes think I need some time to myself, but it's so addicted!

Yes! Some Dream, others Stay Awake to Achieve...

Absolutely.

"So do you have any hobbies?"
"This is my hobby!"
"So you don't do anything else?"
"When I'm not working on clients, I'm trying out designs. When I'm not trying out designs, I'm researching products/techniques. When I'm not researching, I'm buying new kit. When I'm not buying, I'm doing my own... and when I've exhausted all of that, my boyfriend gets some attention!"

xxx

Haha this sums up my life also! So many like minded people in the industry, maybe we can all enjoy a proper day off for christmas! x

Latest posts

Back