Are you an ebay buyer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Nailz

Reaction score
Buying from ebay can seem appealing, with the cheap prices and good write ups. But don't let it fool you! Although some things are okay to purchase, like Glitters, brushes and Files. There are the other things like Name brands to avoid, like Gelish, NSI, IBD, CND and so on. At these cheap prices, they are bound to be knock off's or fakes!!!

As they say, you get what you pay for...

Just an example:

A friend of mine, also a nail tech brought her uv lamp from ebay. I told her it is best to buy from a respected company. But the thought of it being alot cheaper on ebay, appealed to her more!

Curing one of her clients nails, after having this lamp for just 10 days, it blew up with the clients hand still in it, making her client jump and feel quite scared! A puff of smoke later, she didn't know where to put herself with embarrassment! Needless to say, that client never called her again. She ended up buying a lamp from Sally's.

I did tell her so. But a word of warning was not good enough at the time.

Yep i completely agree hun! I buy nail art sparkly bits and pieces but thats as far as I trust it!! :)

Yep i completely agree hun! I buy nail art sparkly bits and pieces but thats as far as I trust it!! :)
Same here, i've bought some gems and water decals for nails but no I'd never buy branded products from anywhere except the distributor/authorised seller.

EBay is fab for gems, foils, glitters etc and that's as far as I go. I would never buy anything else because you just don't know if you are getting the real deal or a big fat fake.

xxx

I have bought glitters, rhinestones and flowers and stuff from eBay but wouldn't dream of buying any products like gels, lamps etc, not worth the hassle, oh I did buy a lovely pink tierd trolley to store my products at home x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

I buy rhinestones and glitters for my business from eBay but I'd never buy an electrical item unless it was a business seller (for example Argos have their own clearance shop on there with the same guarantees as the stores)

x

I bought some gelous from amazon when I first started. BIG mistake! It all went in the bin! Never again!

Latest posts

Back